Auston Matthews Discussion VII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanSnow

Mar 5, 2016
Aside from a concussion, what kind of upper body injury would keep you out for a couple weeks, but not longer?

Obviously broken bones would be 4-6 weeks. There aren't many muscles to pull/strain, maybe something like an oblique injury or a shoulder injury?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Aside from a concussion, what kind of upper body injury would keep you out for a couple weeks, but not longer?

Obviously broken bones would be 4-6 weeks. There aren't many muscles to pull/strain, maybe something like an oblique injury or a shoulder injury?

There are actually a lot of muscles in the human body that can be aggravated enough that he needs some rest... And it seems like the team is being very cautious about it knowing that they need him at 100%. Muscle injuries are fickle so I'm happy they're being precautious

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There are actually a lot of muscles in the human body that can be aggravated enough that he needs some rest... And it seems like the team is being very cautious about it knowing that they need him at 100%. Muscle injuries are fickle so I'm happy they're being precautious

I think it is related to his wrist and that is why they are taking extra precaution.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
I’ve pulled the muscle in between my shoulder blades by simply twisting the wrong way. Takes about a week or two to feel 100%. Something similar hopefully, and it only happens to me maybe once every year or two.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I bet he pulled a hip flexor. Babcock said that he lacked explosiveness. Anyone who's skated and played hockey before (I'm sure there's plenty on here) knows what a hip flexor strain can do to your skating. And it's a very easy injury to re-aggravate.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I bet he pulled a hip flexor. Babcock said that he lacked explosiveness. Anyone who's skated and played hockey before (I'm sure there's plenty on here) knows what a hip flexor strain can do to your skating. And it's a very easy injury to re-aggravate.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Wouldn’t that be lower body?

If it’s a pulled muscle in upper back or lat or even stretched cartilage could be 2 weeks. I’m assuming it’s not a bulging disc or something. That’s not minor

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's not hip it's not wrist. It's his back, he's had issues with it before and if you look in the Vegas game his stickhandling was fine, but he was awful on the draw and looked to be moving around kinda gingerly. Back issues are more fickle as well and linger around for a while.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
BREAKING NEWS: Incredible though it seems, the #Leafs have considered trading Auston Matthews. My Thursday blog... Matthews’ Leaf Days Are Numbered
— Howard Berger (@Berger_BYTES) November 16, 2017

Any idea what he is talking about - I don't trust him a bit

This guy is trying way too hard.

He’s saying it’s a troll piece in the comments
20e.png

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Wouldn’t that be lower body?

If it’s a pulled muscle in upper back or lat or even stretched cartilage could be 2 weeks. I’m assuming it’s not a bulging disc or something. That’s not minor
yeah I derped, I totally forgot it was classified upper body.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017

My guess would be his back.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
This guy is trying way too hard.

He’s saying it’s a troll piece in the comments
20e.png

I mean, it worked. Probably his highest click rate for a blog post in a while. He's going to get some coin and make it through Christmas off of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he went full on satire from here on out. Might as well, he really has nothing to lose.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I mean, it worked. Probably his highest click rate for a blog post in a while. He's going to get some coin and make it through Christmas off of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he went full on satire from here on out. Might as well, he really has nothing to lose.

Satire has a point. Howard Berger is shitty parody.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
With Matthews:

Shots for 30.0
Shots against 31.5
Goals for 3.4
Goals against 3.35
Possession 51%
Save % .894

Without Matthews:

Shots for 24.2
Shots against 35.2
Goals for 1.62
Goals against .98
Possession 46%
Save % .972

Only reason we are 4 - 0 without him....goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad