Post-Game Talk: Auston "Chad" Matthews defeats virgin Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Could someone please explain the whole virgin thing?

Reactions: saltming

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The West is a joke. The Jets have the second best record in the West and are 21-7-1 against Western opponents, but have a measly 8-9 record against Eastern teams. Some bullshit that we have to go through Tampa and Boston in the first two rounds.

Even last year where Winnipeg missed the playoffs, they had 28-13-6 record against the West and were 11-19-2 against the East :laugh:
A few years ago the West was the dominant conference, and if you won that you had a relatively easy time in the final. Now it's our turn.

That's why I'd like to see a crossover at the semi-final instead of a conference final. Better chance of the best two teams (Toronto/Boston?) in the final.

Of course you would lose some casual west coast fans in that scenario, so the league won't do it.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This is a top team in the West lmao what a joke. Scheifele is so f***ing bad, this guy fell off a cliff. This doesn't feel like a rivalry anymore these guys just get embarrassed every time we play them, happy with the win and the performance from everyone. Rielly had a great game as did Samsonov.

He needs to play closer to home.
Will take their roster in the playoffs over ours every day of the week.

Would take parts of their roster ever day of the week and vice versa.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That's pretty dumb. The only notable advantage anywhere on their roster is Hellebuyck
Did you see the quiz question on TSN in the 1st intermission asking do you take the Leafs core 4 or the Jets core 4?

Jeff O'Neil said the Leafs because Auston Matthews is the best player combined for either team.

Dave Poulin said the Jets because of how great Josh Morrissey is playing, along with him being a Norris contender and playing defense.

The fact that Matthews scored 2 goals right away in the 2nd, which I thought made Poulin look stupid.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Please don't ask Sammy about social issues
The NHL should keep themselves concerned with hockey, the players who make the game great, and the players who made the game great. The NHL can't expect that everyone comes from a cookie cutter and so should stay away from the SJW stuff, if they want to get involved in divisive issues perhaps women's health is a worthy place to start.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Will take their roster in the playoffs over ours every day of the week.
That's hilarious.

Tavares > Scheifele
Nylander > Ehlers
Matthews > Dubois
Marner > Connor
Bunting is also arguably more valuable than Wheeler at this point who is regressing and getting old.

I'll give them Morrissey over Rielly, but the rest of our defense is way better than theirs, and they have an advantage in goal with Hellebuyck. That's about it.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Did you see the quiz question on TSN in the 1st intermission asking do you take the Leafs core 4 or the Jets core 4?

Jeff O'Neil said the Leafs because Auston Matthews is the best player combined for either team.

Dave Poulin said the Jets because of how great Josh Morrissey is playing, along with him being a Norris contender and playing defense.

The fact that Matthews scored 2 goals right away in the 2nd, which I thought made Poulin look stupid.
Poulin is not known for having smart hockey takes. Hahaha

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
My 3

Sammy bailed us out of a lot of loosey goosey stuff with some huge saves, even kicking out to make an old school toe save. The kid was pure gold last night.

AM his first real dominant performance of the season, that shot, that block and that hockey stuff he does so well, I could watch that 1st goal over and over and not get tired of it.

Big Mike was awesome, his motor was running in the red all night, he played a really smart game and made some high quality offensive plays and came back hard when the puck went back up ice into Torontos end. I don't know how the Leafs are going to get him signed, but he's a must have going forward.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Is there anything better boys?
Endless better things come to mind, destroyed the Jets yet again not that big a deal in the grand list of accomplishments. Winnipeg is tier 2 at best.

From the Jets perspective I totally see why beating us would be their greatest accomplishment.

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Endless better things come to mind, destroyed the Jets yet again not that big a deal in the grand list of accomplishments. Winnipeg is tier 2 at best.

From the Jets perspective I totally see why beating us would be their greatest accomplishment.

They're a good team this year though. Thought they played well last night. Like their mix.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
while I do think poulin is an idiot, I think those panel things are to some degree scripted to make sure they don't appear biased towards Toronto, which the entire rest of the country has a huge complex about and emails them incessantly over.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
while I do think poulin is an idiot, I think those panel things are to some degree scripted to make sure they don't appear biased towards Toronto, which the entire rest of the country has a huge complex about and emails them incessantly over.
this is true, and in those segments they purposefully have every 'analyst 'pick a different answer

Reactions: OddyOh

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I'm not a big Winnipeg Schef fan but he has earned $43.5 million to Bunting's $2.5 million playing hockey and Chef will probably top $85 million in career earnings not to mention the Wah.

Bunting can use his potty mouth working construction once he's done playing this kid's game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not a big Winnipeg Schef fan but he has earned $43.5 million to Bunting's $2.5 million playing hockey and Chef will probably top $85 million in career earnings not to mention the Wah.

Bunting can use his potty mouth working construction once he's done playing this kid's game.
Construction?

Bunting's gonna have earned 20x what you'll make in your life by the time he's done with hockey.

Reactions: Confucius

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

??

Can't wait to see a healthy Bunts in a playoff series. He'll be a difference maker

Reactions: leafsfan5

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That's hilarious.

Tavares > Scheifele
Nylander > Ehlers
Matthews > Dubois
Marner > Connor
Bunting is also arguably more valuable than Wheeler at this point who is regressing and getting old.

I'll give them Morrissey over Rielly, but the rest of our defense is way better than theirs, and they have an advantage in goal with Hellebuyck. That's about it.

Even that is only this year, where Rielly has had some injuries and Morrissey has broken out.

Any other year, Rielly is at least one tier higher than Morrissey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad