Austin Watson has been placed in Stage 2 of the NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Program

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
yes, some incident do. dear god, Rape someone and you will be a monster all your ****ing life.

I think there's different tiers. That's not on tier with the topic I'm talking about specifically.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Alcohol abusers run rampant in the NHL. How long is his international ban?

In all seriousness, that’s unfortunate and I hope it works out.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Funny how many people have just read the title of the old thread that was bumped and are chiming in without understanding the point of the bump, or having read anything.

Well that sort of encapsulates the entirety of Watson's situation with people not reading anything about it or trying to understand it at all pretending that they were the eye witness on the scene of his arrest as well as his AA sponsor.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Getting suspended without pay seems like a pretty big disincentive for a rehab program.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

Yeah WTF????

"We're here for you in any way we can help."

"Thank you I need help with my addition"

"Alright well, first, lets essentially fire you."

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Don't know the full details here, but this really is a disease like depression, bi-polar, OCD, even sex addiction and gambling....many reasons why such issues may start- from abuse as a child, stress, family genetics, cultural pressure....but anyone making comments blowing this kid out of the water has no clue what many people go through.

I personally can go 3 days without sleep. 3. not with a 2 hour nap and 1 or 2 hours a night...3. It is dangerous to myself, my family and others around. We handle it properly so I don't ruin someone else's life, and I do believe I am finally close to figuring out the nature of my issues...5 weeks at Mayo Clinic and week at Hopkins....

Just have some perspective that some people are just born with different wiring...head shots in a sport like the NHL can't help.

It is called Grace people. The more we have, the better our world will be....and I say this having grown up in NYC- and now suburbs- not the nicest place on the planet. But there most people have compassion.

Pray he finds his way.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Yea, that gives him a reason to be a piece of ****.

Woe is me, nothing is ever anyone’s fault anymore.

If there was a video of the incident, he’d be banned from the NHL.

Ban this piece of trash, uncle Gary.
Wow don't you look like a piece of shit now after the truth comes out. Good job writing a guy off without any knowledge of the situation. You're what's wrong with society nowadays.

Reactions: Gh24

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
interesting the difference in tone around here how people so readily accept his girlfriend's story and preach forgiveness but grab their pitchforks re: voynov when his wife is still with him too

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
This should have warranted a new thread instead of bumping an old one. It’s just creating more hate for him now. Please lock and create a new one from the update

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Yeah WTF????

"We're here for you in any way we can help."

"Thank you I need help with my addition"

"Alright well, first, lets essentially fire you."

It’s a response cost that’s already built in to a system that all the players understand and I would bet sign acknowledgement for. Does anyone know if the NHL pays for the treatment in stage 2?

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
You obviously don't have a family and obligations.

If you're a 25 year-old single on a multi million dollar contract, it may not register very high.

But if you're a journeyman with a career expectancy of 2-3 NHL years and have a family, you'll do anything you feel you have to, including lie and push back seeking help.
You just solved substance abuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad