Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Man, I feel so bad for this kid. Makes the NHL roster his second try, and in a meaningless pre season game, a sucky POS like Gudas decides to make a late and high forceful hit to the head, like why? That's a Raffi Torres move ffs. If its REG season I get it, but pre season? Come the **** on. Gudas/Polak are the same dude seriously.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Is it me, or are there a lot of these situations where the player who is hurt is back at it right after the NHL files it's ruling?

Not defending Gudas, just sayin' it feels like a pattern. I remember Miller did the same thing after Lucic hit him.

I hear what you're saying. Certainly possible, but at the same time I assume if the NHL somehow found out Czarnik wasn't actually concussed there would be some sort of penalty imposed on the Bruins. I think it's more conceivable that he is a young player that has never suffered a concussion and his "concussion" was minor. I think they are quicker to define players as "concussed" due to it being such a hot button topic in the league. Crosby said he got "tangled up" in practice Friday and then had a slight headache the next day, and they deemed him concussed. I'm aware players that have suffered concussions are more prone to get them, but being "concussed" from getting tangled up even with a history seems unusual to me. Could be a little bit of that too.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is it me, or are there a lot of these situations where the player who is hurt is back at it right after the NHL files it's ruling?

Not defending Gudas, just sayin' it feels like a pattern. I remember Miller did the same thing after Lucic hit him.

Czarnik had to be helped down the runway after, doubt he was "milking it" as you seem to be implying. As of this morning, he wasn't on IR, but also wasn't listed on the B's roster, nor was he sent down. Sounds like the B's honestly didn't know if he was going to be able to play? They may still not know.

Gudas has gotten away with a lot of borderline hits previously that could have received supplemental discipline IMO. It finally caught up with him.

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
A little off topic and not very important, but does anyone think Czarnik will get a different jersey number like Heinen, Carlo, and Miller? If so, what do you think it would be? For me, either 14 because he reminds me of a feistier Samsonov, or maybe 27 - his number with the baby Bruins.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
A little off topic and not very important, but does anyone think Czarnik will get a different jersey number like Heinen, Carlo, and Miller? If so, what do you think it would be? For me, either 14 because he reminds me of a feistier Samsonov, or maybe 27 - his number with the baby Bruins.

27 sounds good to me. Take the giant baby's number

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Czarnik may have Samsonov's size and speed, but Sergei was one of the best stickhandler's this team ever had. Austen's not at that level.

Problem with Sammy is that he held onto the puck too long sometimes, and didn't pass enough.

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
Czarnik may have Samsonov's size and speed, but Sergei was one of the best stickhandler's this team ever had. Austen's not at that level.

Problem with Sammy is that he held onto the puck too long sometimes, and didn't pass enough.

True, his stickhandling was sublime. It was both exciting and frustrating watching him play. I always thought that he could've been a little more aggressive without the puck. Found it frustrating when he'd just float around waiting for the puck to come to him.

I don't think that's the case with Czarnik. He always seems hungry for the puck.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I couldn't catch the game . But I see Czarnik played the game

How did he do overall?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Not bad, made a few mistakes.

Got eaten alive in the face-off circle.

The kid is savvy and eventually will figure it out. I think he should play Center, as he needs room to roam around. I like hearing about his drive

Kid is a warrior

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I couldn't catch the game . But I see Czarnik played the game

How did he do overall?

Mixed. All the young players should get mixed reviews.

On the positive side, he was a puck hound, pressuring puck carriers and forcing turnovers. Hunted Jack Johnson down on one rush and rubbed him out hard along the boards.

On the down side, lost almost all of his draws, to the point Beleskey was taking them. Took a bad penalty that put them in a 2-0 hole. Had some turnovers.

But the effort and compete level are there, NHL caliber. The speed is NHL caliber. He's smart and makes plays. I think, because of those things, they'll continue to work with him and keep him in the lineup.

To me, effort and drive trump all other factors when it comes to Julien and young kids. The most skilled player in the world (Seguin) won't play much if he's not competing. Guys who were less skilled but who played with drive and battled hard from the start (like Pasta) were given more rope and I think Lil Z will get the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad