Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Heinen and Czarnik should both be on this team, and in the Top 9, as wingers.

Bergeron, Krejci, Backes up the middle.

Mix and match Marchand, Pastrnak, Spooner, Heinen, Czarnik, and Hayes.

Insert Vatrano probably for Hayes when he's ready.

Let some combination of Moore, Nash, Schaller, Acciari and Randell be the 4th line.

If it all works out, this should be a pretty strong forward group.

Pretty much how I feel. The Czarnik 3rd line center idea is a good one but this isn't NHL17, we all know either Spooner or Backes will occupy that spot.

Beleksey Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Spooner Backes Hayes/Czarnik/Vatrano

Let the vets/deserving young players battle it out for 4th line duties.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
One of the highlights of the night was Czarnik, who continued the strong play he has displayed so far this preseason. The 23-year-old center has played significant minutes on the penalty kill and took advantage Tuesday night.

Julien has been impressed with what he's seen from the Miami University product.

"He's been good - that's why he's still here and still playing," said Julien. "To me, he did well and he's giving himself a real good chance here. We've got a few games and over a week left before we start the season, we'll see where we end up with that.

"But definitely happy with his play so far. No matter what he's played well enough right now to be here."

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/ehrhoff-czarnik-bright-spots-in-bruins-loss-to-canadiens/c-282387796

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
I was impressed with him last year as well. Fast/hustler can be a 3rd liner in this league.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Czarnik

Spooner -- Krejci -- Pasta

Belesky -- Backes -- Hayes

Schaller -- Moore -- Nash

Reserve: Kuraly

- let Heinen marinate in Providence.

- Czarnik has earned his shot, but i don't think it should be handling the third line. Give him to Bergy and Marchand and let's see what he can do with his time while Vatrano.is out.

- I don't think I've ever liked Pasta on the Bergeron line. For whatever reason, it just hasn't clicked the way he has with Krejci. Keep him there.

- Hayes is showing a little something more this preseason. A little extra jump in his step, a little more assertiveness in his play. It's not a huge leap, but it's noticeable. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do with Backes on the third line. I'm always back and forth with what and where the Bruins should put Hayes, but this might be the best place for him.

- Schaller and Kuraly duke it out for the 4th line lw spot, with DeBrusk as an outside chance.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

- Czarnik has earned his shot, but i don't think it should be handling the third line. Give him to Bergy and Marchand and let's see what he can do with his time while Vatrano.is out.

- I don't think I've ever liked Pasta on the Bergeron line. For whatever reason, it just hasn't clicked the way he has with Krejci. Keep him there.

- Hayes is showing a little something more this preseason. A little extra jump in his step, a little more assertiveness in his play. It's not a huge leap, but it's noticeable. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do with Backes on the third line. I'm always back and forth with what and where the Bruins should put Hayes, but this might be the best place for him.

- Schaller and Kuraly duke it out for the 4th line lw spot, with DeBrusk as an outside chance.

He has 3 points with Bergeron in 108:03 5 on 5. 6 with Marchand in 125:08. 23 in 639:57 with Krejci. It's not like he has a huge sample of his play with Bergeron to call it a bust.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

We could nickname the 3rd line Turtles.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Your on the right track here. But there is a lot of redundancy of roles on that 3rd line. They'll bang bodies and create havoc on the forecheck, but who is going to carry the puck through the neutral zone and gain zone entry. That line needs some skill to balance out the size/brawn. Flip-flop Hayes and Pastrnak and they might have something.

If Kuraly isn't going to be a regular he should be in Providence. Same with Acciari. Carry Randell, Griffith or both as the spare forward.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I would swap Spooner and Beleskey. 2nd line is a little too soft and 3rd line is a little redundant (as someone above mentioned).

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Kids got the sharpie on the opening night roster if he's healthy. Hope he's alright.

In love with his game

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
any update regarding the severity of his head injury??

I'm crossing my fingers that he is ok and it was not a concussion or anything. Just a little shaken up and ready to start the year. He has earned a shot

The Cricket*

My excitement cannot be bottled nor contained for this athletic specimen.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No need to rush him back I'm sure we'll be patient.

Czarnik and Vatrano are 2 pretty exciting guys to have coming back in the next month or two. Shooting, speed, playmaking. I like our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad