GDT: Attention……Game tonight. Wild vs Bruins 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That KK OT winner looked like the KK I remember.

His backward skating celly was dynamic.
JEE's pass was perfect too, and Faber drifting into position from behind split the d's focus. Good all round play, and execution.

Oh, and did anyone else find the Bruins to be less than expected? I mean, we were missing 3 top line players, they were at home, and we played the night before. I don't think we are anything more than a middle of the pack team, yet we played them evenly.

Last edited:

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
JEE's pass was perfect too, and Faber drifting into position from behind split the d's focus. Good all round play, and execution.

Oh, and did anyone else find the Bruins to be less than expected? I mean, we were missing 3 top line players, they were at home, and we played the night before. I don't think we are anything more than a middle of the pack team, yet we played them evenly.
It seems if the Wild can get the first goal and get some decent goaltending early their confidence goes up. Pasta had quiet a few looks that he would typically bury among other missed grade A chances. Felt bad for Dewar getting beat up.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It seems if the Wild can get the first goal and get some decent goaltending early their confidence goes up. Pasta had quiet a few looks that he would typically bury among other missed grade A chances. Felt bad for Dewar getting beat up.
Dewar usually takes care of himself better than that, but he is a small, fast guy that we look to anchor the 4th line, and PK. B's fans were applauding Lauko for picking on our 5'10" guy, and ignoring Duhaime, Maroon, Hartman, Foligno, and Middleton(not that he should be fighting with our d the way it is.) Even Hunt can throw ...don't know about Bogosian. There is no way that Dewar should be taking on that fight as a favor to Lauko and the B's, after the wild just went up a goal. I hope Hynes has a talk with him about that.

Hartman engaging with Marchand and taking him off the ice with offsetting penalties? Now that was smart. If Marchand wants to fight Dewar, then by all means.

BTW, for tough guys, Maroon and Foligno sure don't fight much.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

Wild is 10-4-2 playing B's in Boston, so it was just business as usual.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Bogosian is actually fairly fast, just has a long stride that makes him look slow. Far faster than Goli and Merrill. The issue with him has always been health, and hockey IQ.
Dewar usually takes care of himself better than that, but he is a small, fast guy that we look to anchor the 4th line, and PK. B's fans were applauding Lauko for picking on our 5'10" guy, and ignoring Duhaime, Maroon, Hartman, Foligno, and Middleton(not that he should be fighting with our d the way it is.) Even Hunt can throw ...don't know about Bogosian. There is no way that Dewar should be taking on that fight as a favor to Lauko and the B's, after the wild just went up a goal. I hope Hynes has a talk with him about that.

Hartman engaging with Marchand and taking him off the ice with offsetting penalties? Now that was smart. If Marchand wants to fight Dewar, then by all means.

BTW, for tough guys, Maroon and Foligno sure don't fight much.
I didn’t see the game but did anyone stand up to Kane when he backstabbed Brodin?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'd rather take the win.
The tough guy stuff doesn't stop things like that from happening at all. We traded for Reaves so people wouldn't be so willing to go after Kap... how much did that help Kap? Not at all...
Just got to do like Lemaire did with Gaborik - Demitra - Fedoruk.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Maroon. What could go wrong?

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I'd rather take the win.
The tough guy stuff doesn't stop things like that from happening at all. We traded for Reaves so people wouldn't be so willing to go after Kap... how much did that help Kap? Not at all...
Exactly.
I’d rather defence are made aware when goons are on the ice. Kane has a history of injuring players and being suspended so everyone needs to realize who they are playing. Good on him but I doubt Hartman is going to scare him.

Reactions: TaLoN

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I was joking, but it was a different league then too. The age of putting a face-puncher on the line of two skill guys had been finished for nearly a decade when Jacques did that.
Ah yes, Back in the 80s.
Gretzky and Kurri scored.
And Semenko punched all faces that came near 99.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Ah yes, Back in the 80s.
Gretzky and Kurri scored.
And Semenko punched all faces that came near 99.
Yeah, the prime example! I also remember in the mid-90s when Odjick and Bure were on a line together, and McSorely and Gretzky were in LA.

I don't remember it ever happening after that, except for with the Wild when Lemaire decided to try it. To be fair to Lemaire, Risebrough had given him 3 true enforcers for his roster that year. Got to do something with them.

Reactions: TaLoN

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
It seems now you better be ready to get hit the minute you step onto the ice. They have go to do something about the hits from behind,
Esoecially D going back to retrieve-dont give me speed of the game nonense...if there were consequences it would get cleaned up.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, no touch icing was a big step forward as far as safety was concerned. Hockey has always been a physical game... if anything i think it's safer now than it used to be. I do think that the NHL should be far stricter when it comes to disciplining those who cause injuries, though, especially if it's multi time offenders against star players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad