GDT: Attention……Game tonight. Wild vs Bruins 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
In OT, puck possession has a big influence if you win or lose a game. Arguably the best puck-posession player on the team is Rossi. I don't understand why hynes won't use Rossis strengths in OT. It can only be a personal thing.

But when a coach wins, he is always right. We've won this one so I guess my complaint is stupid.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Middleton is a wierd player.

Put him next two a great player (Karlsson, Spurgeon, Faber) and he can hang and be a contributor.

Average or below, he becomes terrible.

I'm not sure if that's a skill or what? Because I've seen many terrible players that are terrible when paired with a star.

Just strange.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Middleton is a wierd player.

Put him next two a great player (Karlsson, Spurgeon, Faber) and he can hang and be a contributor.

Average or below, he becomes terrible.

I'm not sure if that's a skill or what? Because I've seen many terrible players that are terrible when paired with a star.

Just strange.

Wasn't Marc Methot like this in Ottawa, or am I thinking of someone else?

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
In OT, puck possession has a big influence if you win or lose a game. Arguably the best puck-posession player on the team is Rossi. I don't understand why hynes won't use Rossis strengths in OT. It can only be a personal thing.

But when a coach wins, he is always right. We've won this one so I guess my complaint is stupid.
It slways seems like an uphill battle for Rossi.
I agree he would be great in OT.

Tell me how in hell the Wild won with Goligoski, Merrill and especially slow Bogosian???
Those three are so slow and useless they make Middleton look like Makar.

Fleury played absolutely fantastic. If he played like that on the -road back to backs, that would be a huge help.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wasn't Marc Methot like this in Ottawa, or am I thinking of someone else?
Maybe, I always watch more West than East so I'm not an authority there with Methot.

But it seems like it's rare enough that it's a skill, even if it's in their head.

Like, they understand even though their job is to be the cover D, they trust their partner enough to take a chance they wouldn't when paired with an avg or below defender?

That brings them up a tier? I dunno.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe, I always watch more West than East so I'm not an authority there with Methot.

But it seems like it's rare enough that it's a skill, even if it's in their head.

Like, they understand even though their job is to be the cover D, they trust their partner enough to take a chance they wouldn't when paired with an avg or below defender?

That brings them up a tier? I dunno.

It's an interesting spot to be in, because I have no interest in having Middleton as a top four guy long term, wouldn't be opposed to keeping him as a bottom pair guy, but then he's not as good on the bottom pair, so you almost have to keep him on the second pair.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's an interesting spot to be in, because I have no interest in having Middleton as a top four guy long term, wouldn't be opposed to keeping him as a bottom pair guy, but then he's not as good on the bottom pair, so you almost have to keep him on the second pair.
I don't particularly mind him anywhere, as long as he's paired with Spurgeon or Faber....

Because he's been great with both....

Which is just wierd.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I'm probably alone here but I actually really like the Bruins and Marchand. Would kill to have a player like Marchand on this team.
Likewise. They know how to win games, how to close out , how to finish chances. Little nasty at times but if you don’t have some edge you’ll never get to June.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I still cant believe Yeo/Parise/Koivu/Suter never understood that it is just better to keep possession in 3on3.

It was so infuriating watching them get pinched against the blue line and get in battles behind the net on offense.
You would have to literally beat it out of Koivu to keep him from dumping it in. Didn’t understand 3 v 3.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
You can tell he’s feeling a bit spicy lately. Pacing for double digit goals I believe. Weird sport
5v5 it doesn’t feel like they will score without activating the defence. And with Brodin and Spurgeon beat up what choice have they got?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
That KK OT winner looked like the KK I remember.

His backward skating celly was dynamic.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Slow start to the game, but the Wild accepted the challenge and stepped up their game big time. Very exciting end to the game. Fleury played well but some of his "highlight reel" saves are just him being out of position so it looks exciting. As a goalie myself his game is not the style I try to model after. Really good, gutsy win but they seem to loose a player each game. The season grind is in full swing now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It slways seems like an uphill battle for Rossi.
I agree he would be great in OT.

Tell me how in hell the Wild won with Goligoski, Merrill and especially slow Bogosian???
Those three are so slow and useless they make Middleton look like Makar.

Fleury played absolutely fantastic. If he played like that on the -road back to backs, that would be a huge help.
Bogosian is actually fairly fast, just has a long stride that makes him look slow. Far faster than Goli and Merrill. The issue with him has always been health, and hockey IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad