ATD2018 - Draft Thread 3

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The ATD is an extremely fun game/project.Seems custom made for the young boy I used to be.

I do find it more and more time-consuming as the years pass (with more experience comes higher probability that you will go deep in the playoffs, and more responsability for research), and I'll probably be watching the next one or two from the stands after 8 years straight.This is why the community needs new blood all the time.You can burn out from it.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Or im guessing the average elite player scores around 70 adjusted ESP points per year and that instead of using 100 as a benchmark, HO found 70 to be more appropriate

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
BTW, I like those normalizations.I wanted the same for playoff VsX, to ''normalize'' it to 24 or 25 or something like that, because those cold numbers are more familiar to us.

So a guy whose 7 best years all ended up as the 2nd best scorer, 2nd best even-strenght scorer and 2nd best playoff scorer, in years where the benchmark rule applied is the normal one (2nd best scorer), would have final VsX7, ESVsX7 and PoffVsX7 scores of 70, 100 and 25 respectively, which looks like normal numbers to us.If we did PPVsX7, we would normalize it to 30 I guess if we wanted to be consistent (but that sounds low).

Same for goals, normalize it to 50 goals.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
9 of 24 teams have completed their 4th lines.

Algerie
Marty Pavelich - Steve Kasper - Don Marcotte

Winnipeg
Brian Sutter - Brent Sutter - Pat Verbeek

Kingsman
Vic Hadfield - Don McKenney - Jerry Toppazzini

Montreal
John Madden - Bobby Holik - Punch Broadbent

Port Stanley
Patrick Marleau - Butch Goring - Bill Guerin

New Jersey
Boris Mayorov - Joe Nieuwendyk - Eddie Oatman

Vancouver
Mats Naslund - Pit Lepine - Reggie Leach

Kunlun
Rick Nash - Bob Bourne - Jean Pronovost

Portage Lakes
Dany Heatley - Joe Primeau - Tim Kerr
Some look like 4th lines.
Some look like 2nd lines.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Habsfan18

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll take Igor Liba, LW.

Sorry for the wait, was debating between 3 players, then the list just grew instead of reducing.

"One of the most multifaceted players of the 80s, Igor Liba was an excellent skater and very good when it came to defensive play. When it was needed, he wasn't afraid to rough it up, but he was simultaneously very skilled in the technical aspects of the game as well. "

"When Igor Liba was at his peak, many considered him the most multifaceted Czechoslovak player of the 80s. He had vision, anticipation, excellent passing and great defense."

"Igor was a very hard worker, a player that played all over the ice, he skated a ton over the course of a game. Off the ice, a team guy, always willing to help."
- Darius Rusnak -

"I've backchecked, technical game also fit me. But when the need to play rough came, I had no problems."
- Igor Liba -

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I'll take Igor Liba, LW.

Sorry for the wait, was debating between 3 players, then the list just grew instead of reducing.

I thought about taking him instead of Hadfield but I just couldn't get a good read on his overall game. I don't think he's very good offensively though. Decent peak but it drops off so fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad