ATD11 Regular Season Standings

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Winner, number of games, and three stars of the series. Picking all of these things is important, as the other bits serve as tiebreakers in the rare event of a tie.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
So I'm gone for the weekend now. If people want to volunteer for some series writeup, this weekend is the time. I'll only announce the winners and three stars is no one volunteer to writeup in a particular series (post your request in this thread).

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
No one volunteer to do writeup? I'll tabulate the results, but there's no way I'm creating the second round threads tonight.

I'll give everyone around 24 hours to ask to writeup some series in this thread. Tomorrow around 7PM ET, I'll give the results to the writers, and if some series don't have writers, I'll just announce the winners.

How does this sound?

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
No one volunteer to do writeup? I'll tabulate the results, but there's no way I'm creating the second round threads tonight.

I'll give everyone around 24 hours to ask to writeup some series in this thread. Tomorrow around 7PM ET, I'll give the results to the writers, and if some series don't have writers, I'll just announce the winners.

How does this sound?

Best plan possible. I won't have the time to do a write-up, but waiting around for people to do writeups just prolongs the process. If no one can volunteer, just posting the results is fine.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
ideally no results would be released prior to write-ups

the write-ups should be announced/shown first, then the non-write-ups posted AFTER

i suggest no write-ups this round, get commitments to do write-ups early for the 2nd round (i for one can commit to doing a weekend writeup or two, but i work 840am-midnight monday to thursdays these days, so... maybe 2nd round).

has a 6th or 7th seed ever won a round? (in the NHL it's common for a big upset once or twice a playoffs, but not so much in the ATD)

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

the write-ups should be announced/shown first, then the non-write-ups posted AFTER

i suggest no write-ups this round, get commitments to do write-ups early for the 2nd round (i for one can commit to doing a weekend writeup or two, but i work 840am-midnight monday to thursdays these days, so... maybe 2nd round).

has a 6th or 7th seed ever won a round? (in the NHL it's common for a big upset once or twice a playoffs, but not so much in the ATD)

I think 5 over 1 last time was the biggest upset.

So, yeah, I'm cool with no upsets in this round. :)

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Little change of plan. I thought I was working until 5, but I'm actually working until 9, so I'll send the results (that take WAY more time to tabulate than I thought) later tonight, perhaps around 11 or midnight.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

I agree. However, waiting for writeups to finish can sometimes be a pain. Here's a thought though: what if results are posted in spoiler tags, so that if someone can't wait, they can see the results of their series, but we can also have a writeup for those willing to wait.

So for example:

Vancouver vs. Chicago
[spoil]Chicago wins in 6
Three Stars: 1) Bolland 2) Sharp 3) Byfuglien[/spoil]

Yeah, "patience is a virtue", but I just thought of this and I'm interested in what you guys think.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I say post the results in their entirety in each thread and skip the write-ups. There's been nowhere near enough interest in doing them, and there are 12 first round matchups, way too much for one person to do at all, let alone in a timely fashion. Write-ups in the next round is fine by me, but I don't think one or two series who "want" a writeup should really hold everything else up. JMO though.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I say post the results in their entirety in each thread and skip the write-ups. There's been nowhere near enough interest in doing them, and there are 12 first round matchups, way too much for one person to do at all, let alone in a timely fashion. Write-ups in the next round is fine by me, but I don't think one or two series who "want" a writeup should really hold everything else up. JMO though.

I agree with this, however, it's kind of a shame to have half the GM's draft just end on that note. Even if they aren't winning their series, it's nice to go out on a slightly positive note, after all the hard work being put into the drafting and team building process. But maybe I'm just saying this because I'm so frequently knocked out in the first round. If everyone else is cool with not having series writeups in this round, I'm great with just posting results.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
...it's kind of a shame to have half the GM's draft just end on that note. Even if they aren't winning their series, it's nice to go out on a slightly positive note, after all the hard work being put into the drafting and team building process.
then make a pity post

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I did write-ups once, and it was a lot more work than I thought it would be. I won't lie, I'm pretty lazy. They're nice, but not necessary IMO. If nobody wants to do them...well then nobody wants to do them. Let's move on with the results.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Tabulating is twice as long as I ever thought it would be! I'm almost finish and it already took over 3 hour of my time!

Since we won't have any writeup, I'll try to do something nice with every series; a little resume.

I'll get some sleep now, I still have a hard time recovering from my weekend. I promise all will be done by tomorrow night. I might ask for a helper with the second round!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad