ATD Chat Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Prediction time....

just pick the winner in all 4 series and the number of games it will take. I'll keep score as I have in the last few years.

Mine:

TBY in 5
TOR in 6
WSH in 7
PIT in 6

NSH in 5
WPG in 5
LAK in 6
ANA in 7

0+3+1+0+1+0+6+5=16

Predictions:

BOS in 7
WIN in 7
TB in 6
NSH in 6
ANA in 7
PIT in 7
WAS in 7
LA in 7

0+2+1+0+5+1+1+5=15

NSH in 5
WPG in 6
VGK in 6
SJS in 6

TBL in 5
BOS in 7
WSH in 5
PIT in 6

1+1+2+2+0+0+1+0=7

Nashville in 4
Minnesota in 7
Vegas in 6
Anaheim in 6

Tampa in 5
Boston in 6
Washington in 5
Pittsburgh in 7

I've liked the Winnipeg team for quite a while and I've also thought that Minnesota is one of the more overrated teams... they've been among the more fortunate bubble teams for a couple of years, which is probably why they have the support they do, this time however, I'm gonna go against the pack and my usual self and say that Minnesota will beat out the Jets. Minnesota is benefiting of good coaching and while the Jets' playoff resume discussions are a little bit overblown sometimes, I think it's too unsafe for me to place my bet on the Jets... they will win some games though!

The Pennsylvania prediction is very wishful thinking on my part, it's probably gonna end in 5-6 but let's be real, everyone want a game 7 between these two teams so let's hope Philly turns Matt Murray into butter because the Flyers' goaltending will be trash.

2+4+2+6+0+1+1+1=17

Nashville in 5
Winnipeg in 7
Vegas in 6
San Jose in 6

Tampa in 5
Boston in 6
Washington in 5
Philadelphia in 7

1+2+2+2+0+1+1+3=12

Prediction time for Round 1:

New Jersey in 6; Laugh if you will but Tampa struggled a bit to end the season and the Devils dominated them during the seaso
Boston in 7; Both are good teams but give me Boston in Game 7 overtime
Washington in 5; Think The Caps dominate Columbus
Philadelphia in 7; This is going to be a war of a series. I think after 2 straight Cups there will be no threepeat in Pittsburgh

Nashville in 5; No contest, Predators move on.
Winnipeg in 6; Ryan Suter's absence will hurt the Wild, even if Suter was still in the lineup the Jets would still win
Los Angeles in 6; I think the bloom is off the Vegas rose
San Jose in 7; Fun series in the battle of California

5+0+1+3+1+1+6+3=20

Nashville in 5
Winnipeg in 6
L.A. in 7
Anaheim in 6

Tampa in 6
Boston in 7
Columbus in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

1+1+5+6+1+0+3+0=17

Washington in 6
Philadelphia in 7

Tampa Bay in 5
Toronto in 6

Nashville in 5
Winnipeg in 5

Anaheim in 7
Los Angeles in 6

0+3+0+3+1+0+5+6=18

standings:

madarcand 7
resilientbeast 12
benchbrawl 15
seventieslord 16
hawkey town 17
Iceman17
dreakmur 18
tony d 20

everyone get your predictions in quick!

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Oops well looks like I missed the boat even tho I would be betting against the caps

TB in 6
PIT in 6
NSH in 6
LVK in 7

If they'll still count. I thought round 2 was tomorrow

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Wow. Long time Caps and always OV fan here. I've been critical of Alex in the playoffs, and over his career have NOT been impressed by his passing ability (lack thereof) but man, that feed to Kuznetsov on the first goal in the 2nd round was good decision making if not a thing of beauty (not exactly precision passing but in the right area at the right time).

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
And Crosby leads the charge down 2-0 in the 3rd to rip the heart out of the caps again. Matt Murray was a brick wall down the stretch. It's utterly ridiculous how this "rivalry" has gone over the past 30 years.

Reactions: seventieslord

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
....wow.

I know Vegas is really good. But no team should look this good against any other team in the 2nd round, especially against one that swept their way there. San Jose is completely and utterly outclassed, after winning their 1st round series 16-3 (a bigger margin than Nashville enjoyed over Chicago last year). Vegas is making them look like an AHL team, but, they're obviously a pretty good NHL team. So, is this just that bad of a matchup for them due to speed?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
San Jose is completely lost. At this point they must be thinking what the f*** they can possibly do. This looks like an obvious sweep to me. This is not like game 1 or 2 in Boston, this is something completely different.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Ugh, just got seventieslord' message.Guess I have a penalty point.

Vegas in 6
Pittsburgh in 7
Nashville in 7
Tampa Bay in 7

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm pretty worried somebody (probably Tom Wilson) on Washington is going to do something really stupid if they lose another game at home Sunday. I can't even imagine the frustration levels building already. Saw 87 knocked out by Niskanen last year in game 2. Don't need a possible epic run compromised by goon shit.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Unsurprisingly McDavid named for the Lindsay along with Hall and Mackinnon.

Feels like based on the lack of Kucherov McDavid might've taken his Hart spot

Shame he missed half his first season or he'd eligible for the ATD after next season

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Unsurprisingly McDavid named for the Lindsay along with Hall and Mackinnon.

Feels like based on the lack of Kucherov McDavid might've taken his Hart spot

Shame he missed half his first season or he'd eligible for the ATD after next season

Those are honestly the 3 correct names. McD will/should win the Lindsay in a landslide. I do think the Hart should go to one of Hall or Mack but I'm not confident voters will look past 97's name, despite the obvious poor year for Edmonton on the whole.

No sense in rushing McDavid into the ATD next year. At best he'd be a spare. I think, barring injury, the 2020 ATD is where he'll actually have legit starting value in a scoring line role because I don't see anyone besting him as a scorer in the NHL. Crosby is too old and is going to be pacing himself during the regular seasons from here on out. Guys like Mack and Kucherov are probably more likely to regress slightly in scoring. I don't see Matthews as a challenger for the Ross. Really, a healthy McDavid could seriously put 6-8 Ross's up if he's playing 78+ games year in and year out.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Those are honestly the 3 correct names. McD will/should win the Lindsay in a landslide. I do think the Hart should go to one of Hall or Mack but I'm not confident voters will look past 97's name, despite the obvious poor year for Edmonton on the whole.

No sense in rushing McDavid into the ATD next year. At best he'd be a spare. I think, barring injury, the 2020 ATD is where he'll actually have legit starting value in a scoring line role because I don't see anyone besting him as a scorer in the NHL. Crosby is too old and is going to be pacing himself during the regular seasons from here on out. Guys like Mack and Kucherov are probably more likely to regress slightly in scoring. I don't see Matthews as a challenger for the Ross. Really, a healthy McDavid could seriously put 6-8 Ross's up if he's playing 78+ games year in and year out.

He'd be a spare next year if I was able to take him :laugh:

I don't see a realistic challenger unless Laine or Matthews kicks it up another gear.

Then again if McDavid gets a competent regular linemate (or keeps rolling with RNH and Rattie) and our PP isn't god awful I could see him passing 120

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Jets just won 4-1 yet had 48-19 in shots against and I dread reading the stat-impressed superficial news report that will credit goaltending with the win when it was Mark's clutch scoring and team defensive positioning and pressure that resulted in a lot of Preds low-quality point shots.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Taylor Hall, Anze Kopitar, Nathan MacKinnon voted Hart Trophy finalists - Sportsnet.ca

Wow, no McDavid on the Hart ballot. I said Kopitar deserved a look as he had an absolutely incredible two way campaign this year but didn't think he'd actually make it. I thought he was the Kings best player when i watched them this year. 22 minute a night is huge for a F these days. His scoring numbers are great, especially considering the style the Kings play and he's a legit, perennial contender for the Selke. I still think it comes down to Hall/Mack (as it should) but it's nice to see the writers giving a guy who had a near elite scoring campaign couple with an elite defensive year + playoffs, recognition.

Reactions: Iceman

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Tom Wilson laughing after a guy is clearly in bad shape was just icing on the cake. f*** him. I don't care about losing. The Pens have won back to back titles and have 5 overall. The Caps got a big fat 0 and have long been owned by Pittsburgh. Even if they win this series it does little to change the one sided affair all time. I am just sick and tired of seeing the Caps try and goon their way to victories. Saw it last year with Crosby, now Dumoulin and ZAR get taken out. They've already confirmed ZAR has a broken jaw and concussion.

I'm at work but if you get the GIF/video from the bench side view you see Wilson's shoulder drive directly through Aston Reese's head. Plus his elbow is WAY out there. Nothing remotely clean about that hit.

I'm all for physical hockey. I am perfectly fine seeing my team lose if that's how things fall. I just can't accept that the league allows "players" like Tom Wilson to continue to get away with this bullshit. But the NHL doesn't care. The head of player safety is a former enforcer for crying out loud.

At this point I hope the Pens just bring Sestito up for game 4 and let him do his usual. The refs clearly aren't going to do anything this time of the year and the NHL has, for years now, turned a blind eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad