Atd#7 Minor League Draft

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Wow, I really thought we'd finish in the Top 4, but every team is good, and I'm really happy that we were even able to make the playoffs.

Should be fun.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Good article cottonking and look forward to seeing you in atd#8. Stick around and comment on the playoff match-ups and by all means VOTE!

The first round should go off quickly. Let's agree on a time and make it a 20 minute time limit for the first round, something like they do in real life. Gets the ball rolling quickly right off the blocks
we went through the first seven rounds in seven days... that is fast!

it's important that picks are not skipped in the early rounds, so a short clock would not meet the requirements of many, as the fall is a busy time, there will be nearly thirty of us spread over several time zones

this minor league draft and the last main all time draft have gone at a great pace

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Good article cottonking and look forward to seeing you in atd#8. Stick around and comment on the playoff match-ups and by all means VOTE!

we went through the first seven rounds in seven days... that is fast!

it's important that picks are not skipped in the early rounds, so a short clock would not meet the requirements of many, as the fall is a busy time, there will be nearly thirty of us spread over several time zones

this minor league draft and the last main all time draft have gone at a great pace

If there's a short time limit in the first round then somebody's going to get skipped. If somebody gets skipped in the first round they miss out on the guy they've been planning to build their team around.

Funnily enough, the team that I ranked first (aside from Springfield) was Vancouver...now we get them in the first round!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
If there's a short time limit in the first round then somebody's going to get skipped. If somebody gets skipped in the first round they miss out on the guy they've been planning to build their team around.

Funnily enough, the team that I ranked first (aside from Springfield) was Vancouver...now we get them in the first round!

Hah, I also believe I had you in 1st, with Quebec in 2nd, and us in 3rd...

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Anyang GM press conference.
The GM of Anyang states that he is a little bit dissapoointed by the performance of his team. All the more, since it seems unlikely to sign a coaching legend like Tarasov for the next season. We did all we could, but a glaring hole in goal makes us feel that this is why we didn´t make the play-offs. Captain Shadrin says that "a fly-catcher cost us dear". Obviously, with the prospect of Tarasov leaving next season, the locker room is already beginning to divide. Dafoe has to say this to the criticism regarding him. "The GM chose me so I believe he thaught I fit in the system. I really don´t see why I should take all the blame". Meanwhile, Tarasov is furious because making the play-offs was the minimal goal for this season. "Of course there are other teams running for the spots, but with a team like this it was almost guaranteed to take one". Still, Tarasov criticises that he was not given the puck moving D that he would like to have had to play the system that he prefers. "Next time the GM better thinks about his choices. He knows my style, he knows the style of the players. Whatmore os there to say?"
It seems that after this season the team of Anyang is torn.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Atd#7 - Minor League Hart Trophy winning MVP: Yuri Liapkin of the Ice-o-Topes

liapkin_y.jpg

The top scoring defenseman from the 1972 Summit Series, with 6 points in 6 games, has shone as the most valuable player in Springfield in its team's success, which just happens to be not only in the playoffs, but as the top seed. At 6'0 and 185 lbs he wasn't the fastest Soviet blueliner, but he is one of the best.

...a reputation of one of the strongest and most reliable Soviet blueliners in the 1970's. A crafty stick handler and puck carrier, Liapkin had a relatively soft puck-moving style and, unlike many of his defense teammates, wasn't very impressive speed wise. His strongest parts were his amazing tactical sense of the game and mastery of hockey improvisation. Liapkin was a high scoring defenseman known for his accurate shooting and contribution into his team attacks. Arguably, one of the best moments in his career was when Shadrin, Tsygankov and Liapkin managed to kill a 2-man advantage in a key game against the Chechoslovakian squad and became the heroes of the 1976 Olympics.
http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1972/yroster/ru25.htm

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
so are mine ;)

one doesn't send in a vote for one's own match-up of course, just the other three

(and g.m.s out of the playoffs and past alltime drafters are encouraged to vote as well)

Yeah, I don't think anybody would have voted for themselves...

nah

we did call-ups and all-star players already...

and since analysis has been almost nonexistent, let's not bother

Gah! I already did that...oh well.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Clearly I didn't have the time for this MLD to really compete. Thought I had a good start, but as things got hectic for personal and business reasons I left too much on the table at the end.

But it's always fun.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
I have 7 votes so far and a reminder has been sent to the other 9 draft GMs. Anyone else wanting to cast a vote, please take this as your invitation and reminder.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
No voting from me, no laptop at home means the only time to do any research is at work...

I again humbly throw myself at the mercy of Van for being so inactive in the last half of the draft. **** happens sometimes.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I just realized...

all three of the Bulldogs got tossed in the first round of the playoffs

wait'll Michael Vick gets his hand on ya :biglaugh:

michaelvickdog.jpg

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
seriously though... i personally think any of the four remaining teams are championship worthy!

and with that I bid you adieu

I start my 9-day vacation.... NOW

everything is in BM67's hands

see you all on the other side

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad