ATD 2024 (sign-up thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Okay. I've mostly been MIA because of being busy and also having a bad case of the flu for a couple weeks. But I think I should be able to give this a try as the Hogsmeade Lunas.

hogsmeadelunas.png

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Okay. I've mostly been MIA because of being busy and also having a bad case of the flu for a couple weeks. But I think I should be able to give this a try as the Hogsmeade Lunas.

hogsmeadelunas.png

One of a number of HoH'ers that I'd always hoped would join us.

Welcome aboard! And hope you feel better asap. I had my bout with it right after New Years. Took about a week.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
@VanIslander and everyone, I haven’t fully decided yet..but I may have to step away this year. Life has been very busy as of late and I have a lot going on. On top of that my mother is quite sick and we’re dealing with that. My heart just isn’t in it right now.

I’ll take a few days to think it over, but yeah..I’m just not sure the timing is right for me this year. I haven’t been around much. I was really looking forward to working with Van again as he and I had a blast team-building a few years back. I’ll think on it.

Either way, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I’m in. Going to be the Guelph Platers as always, and I am now so old that my son is going to do the draft with me. His interest in hockey has really gone up the past couple years.
That's great! My son started following the NFL two years ago and has finished third and first in his work fantasy football league.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Sure, why not.

Sounds great.

Deadline for sign up is tomorrow at noon EST so assuming there is no call for an extension period, you could perform the drawing any time after that.

Habsfan (thinking of you bud) may need to bow out but that doesn't impact the overall number as he was teaming with Van. Spitsfan is willing to co-gm but will run his own team regardless.

Right now we're at 23.

Anyone have a claim to wearing the #23 better than Bob?

Also, love that edition came with a 3 PAGE color poster of Barry Beck!!

1706645098995.png

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Do we have a volunteer for the first thread? I had asked VanI over PM if he'd like to and to post it so we can be ready. Just like to get that up early

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Had an uneven number last year so its no big deal. Still got a few hours until the deadline but no reason to extend. Maybe and 11th hour join by @seventieslord ??

Do we have a volunteer for the first thread? I had asked VanI over PM if he'd like to and to post it so we can be ready. Just like to get that up early

I would but I'm actually in the waiting room of the OR. Girlfriend having her tubes out. If no one puts it up by this afternoon I can do it.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The sign-up period ends in a few hours.

After that, the randomized draft order, the draft thread, and picks can start, draft orders can be swapped.

No picks need to be made before Monday, as the clock begins then, but usually the first few picks are made before then ;)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
4 divisions, two conferences
Pick #1 in the 1st division, pick #2 in the 2nd division, etc

As per usual.

Putting the big four in different divisions.

(Unless there's a draft position swap, because the randomized draft position locks in the division placement even if the draft order changes.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Randomly generated draft order:

1. @Dr John Carlson - Hogsmeade Lunas
2. @tony d - California Golden Seals
3. @ImporterExporter & @Johnny Engine - Trois Rivieres AC
4. @MVP of West Hollywd - Drumheller Dinosaurs
5. @GKJ - Philadelphia Firebirds
6. @spitsfan24 - Team Windsor
7. @axman15 - Hamilton Tigers
8. @Hockey Stathead - Detroit Vipers