Status
Not open for further replies.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Discussion and sign ups

Let's figure out what we'd like to do this year

I would rather not administrate the draft, I can assist as time allows.

I believe @rmartin65 and I have agreed to team up

1. RB & rmartin65 - Vancouver Millionaires
  2. VanIslander - Milwaukee Admirals
  3. Claude the Fraud - Hull Olympiques
  4. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
  5. Johnny Engine - Kentucky Thoroughblades
  6. tinyzombies - Montreal Wanderers
  7. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Shamrocks
  8. Professor What - Gallifrey TARDIS
  9. Importer Exporter - Three Rivers Hockey Club
  10. BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
  11. Voight - Texarkana Bandits
  12. The Macho King - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
  13. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
  14. Dreakmur - Orillia Terriers
  15. tony d - Pittsburgh Pirates
  16. tabness - Bloomfield Hills Dollar Bills
  17. RustyRazor - Portland Penguins
  18. nabby12 - Winnipeg Victorias

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaf Lander

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Discussion and sign ups

Let's figure out what we'd like to do this year

I would rather not administrate the draft, I can assist as time allows.

I believe @rmartin65 and I have agreed to team up

1. RB & rmartin65

Yep, that’s the plan!

Similarly, I can’t take the full brunt of running it, but I would like to help in some respect.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll manage the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals.

Alumni include Kimmo Timonen, Shea Weber, Ryan Suter, Roman Josi, Dan Hamhuis, Tomas Vokoun, Pekka Rinne, Marc Crawford, Claude Julien, ... and without mentioning any forwards yet.

Reactions: rmartin65

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
I’m in!

I’ll be once Gretzky’s owned club, the Hull Olympiques.
Alright, I'm in as your rivals the Kentucky Thoroughblades.

But those are completely different teams in different leagues and levels of hockey you say.

No, I'm talking about the two more obscure jerseys in this picture:
pS2BZsM.jpg

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
Alright, I'm in as your rivals the Kentucky Thoroughblades.

But those are completely different teams in different leagues and levels of hockey you say.

No, I'm talking about the two more obscure jerseys in this picture:
pS2BZsM.jpg

Wow!

I’d like to know how those two ended with those jerseys.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
5 teams so far. I think it is still far too early to consider cancelling this year's edition (nothing wrong with a later start- February or even March would still have us finishing around the end of the playoffs)- but should there indeed not be enough interest in an ATD this year, I sincerely hope that the ATD community pushes for and subsequently participates in an HoH ranking of best Pre-Consolidation players.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
5 teams so far. I think it is still far too early to consider cancelling this year's edition (nothing wrong with a later start- February or even March would still have us finishing around the end of the playoffs)- but should there indeed not be enough interest in an ATD this year, I sincerely hope that the ATD community pushes for and subsequently participates in an HoH ranking of best Pre-Consolidation players.

I'll send out a big pm to all our regulars this week

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
I'm interested in another go. I'd rather build the team, make the case initially and let things go from there though. I didn't really care for the playoff debate last year if I'm being honest. I want to make sure everyone's ok with that.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I'm interested in another go. I'd rather build the team, make the case initially and let things go from there though. I didn't really care for the playoff debate last year if I'm being honest. I want to make sure everyone's ok with that.
I’m glad you have decided to return!

Participate as much (or little!) as you wish.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A 16-team ATD would be the smallest but most elegant all-time draft ever.

Make it so.

(Even if Bogart sadly opts out.)

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
It's a shame how a few bad eggs have now ruined the ATD for everyone. It's not surprising that no one is signing up this year.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
It's a shame how a few bad eggs have now ruined the ATD for everyone. It's not surprising that no one is signing up this year.
For my part, I think the matter is a little more nuanced than a "white-hats/black-hats" dichotomy. To the larger point, I hope that no-one is surprised that sign-ups appear to have cratered.

This predicament has been Coming like Valdez- for the better part of a year, now.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
For my part, I think the matter is a little more nuanced than a "white-hats/black-hats" dichotomy. To the larger point, I hope that no-one is surprised that sign-ups appear to have cratered.

This predicament has been Coming like Valdez- for the better part of a year, now.

Yeah the fact it's slow wasn't a shock to me, how slow however.......

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I've just started sending out canvassing pms to former GMs, as I think of more names I'll keep sending and we can reevaluate where we are in terms of signups in a week or so.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I have a bunch of stuff going on so I am out for this year, but good luck with this year's ATD and I'm sure I'll be lurking to chime in here and there.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011

As @ChiTownPhilly notes, I don't think this an entirely accurate representation of what is happening here.

Yep. While there has certainly been some... interpersonal issues over the last few years, I don't think that is the real culprit behind the sizable decrease in participation (so far) this year. That said, I imagine it didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad