ATD #11 Playoff Results

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I have no time to make big announcement for these results, so I'll just throw them out there:

The Inglewood Jacks over the New Westminster Bruins in 4.
The Boston Bruins over the Minnesota Fighting Saints in 6.
The Detroit Red Wings over the Nanaimo Clippers in 6.
The Regina Pats over the Detroit Falcons in 7.

Congratulation to all teams.

----------------------------------

Great series 70's and good luck to your next matchup. I was beat by a very strong team.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

No way! :amazed:

Wow. I'm speechless. Your team should've won this thing Eagle. Easily. As much as it's weird for me to be this honest, I felt even including us, you had the best team bar none. You deserve to win one of these, and wow, I can't believe we stopped you from winning this one. Congrats dude, you built a HELLUVA team.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Unreal.

But this is a bittersweet feeling.

I mean, VCL and I knew that our road to the finals would have to go through you, EB, and sure enough, the series happened. Looking at your lineup, I sure didn't expect to win or even think we would. We really hoped so though! The amount of proven playoff scoring you had on that team was unreal. When trying to be critical, I found very, very little to choose from.

Now that we have, I feel almost...... guilty. You deserve to win an ATD. You've paid your dues here, you build an excellent team every single draft, and you're helpful to everyone. You aren't scared to compliment and defend teams in your own division and you post bios for other people's picks. You give the old players their due, you think like me, build teams like me, and write bios like me. Your roster posts are even like mine! It's no secret you're one of my favourite guys here.

It was an honour to even be in a series with you, let alone win it. We'll do our best to make sure you can say you were beaten by the eventual champion. Hopefully our boys have something left.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Other notes:

- A sweep? Seriously? I did not expect to see that at this point of the playoffs.

- Interesting final four, as far as GMs are concerned. We have the reigning champion, Sturminator, and then four guys who (correct me if I'm wrong) haven't been very far very often - arrbez, Spitfire11, VCL and myself. We're all guys who have worked hard, paid attention and learned from our mistakes in past drafts. Now one, or possibly two of us, will be in the finals. I'm very proud of our team but I'm proud of you guys too. Good work getting here.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I have no time to make big announcement for these results, so I'll just throw them out there:

The Inglewood Jacks over the New Westminster Bruins in 4.
The Boston Bruins over the Minnesota Fighting Saints in 6.
The Detroit Red Wings over the Nanaimo Clippers in 6.

Congratulation to all teams.

----------------------------------

Great series 70's and good luck to your next matchup. I was beat by a very strong team.

Can't say I'm not disappointed, but, this ATD was a tough one for me, I know I made some mistakes. So, Elite Eight is an honour I'm happy with. (Oddly, I liked last ATD's team much more, but they did worse.)

Anyway...

*Extends hand to Sturminator and Evil Speaker for end of series hand shake.*

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Congrats to the GMs making it to the final four.

Which conference is each team in? Last draft the Jim Coleman Conference Finals featured the winner of the Lecavalier and Cole division and the Red Fisher Conference Finals featured the winner of the Robson and Hewitt divisions.

If we have the same structure this draft, the next series will be the Inglewood Jacks (#1 seed) vs the Regina Pats (#2 seed); and the Boston Bruins (#1 seed) vs the Detroit Red Wings (#2 seed).

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Thank you for the kind remarks VCL and 70's. I really thought it was my year. Best team I have ever built (easily better than the team I went in final with 2 drafts ago), but I end up with my worst results in 5 drafts. I got beat by a great team though, congrats.

And to confirm, there were no mistake in the results given yesterday.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Congrats Spit, the Red Wings are such a well constructed team that you deserved to have won.

EB: I thought that your series was as tough of a call as I can remember.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Thank you for the kind remarks VCL and 70's. I really thought it was my year. Best team I have ever built (easily better than the team I went in final with 2 drafts ago), but I end up with my worst results in 5 drafts. I got beat by a great team though, congrats.

And to confirm, there were no mistake in the results given yesterday.
Have been away & have not had time to get into things & vote. But can't brlieve you lost EB, What a great team. Really thought this was your year.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I know it's just semantics at this point, but how is a sweep possible (ie how was this result determined). I had New Westminster winning the series (no offense arbezz). I'm just curious as to how a sweep came about

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I know it's just semantics at this point, but how is a sweep possible (ie how was this result determined). I had New Westminster winning the series (no offense arbezz). I'm just curious as to how a sweep came about

Hypothetically speaking, I think that if, say, everyone votes for Team A in 7 games, then it'll come out as a sweep because everyone had them winning, regardless of how close everyone thought it would be. So I guess for a sweep, almost everyone had my team squeaking one out?

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Congrats Spit, the Red Wings are such a well constructed team that you deserved to have won.

EB: I thought that your series was as tough of a call as I can remember.

Thanks pits you had another very good team too, sorry I didn't manage to add to any discussion. I'll try to make sure to chime in from now on.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com

It shouldn't of been a sweep, it should of been a 5 game series.

I got scared that I would of missed all your results, but it seems I only missed this particular result. Good thing I keep all the tabulation on my computer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad