WJC: At what point does TSN pause/pull out of their broadcasting contract with Hockey Canada and the world juniors?

Should TSN not broadcast world juniors?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 80.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Ukraine is NOT barely news. It is still all over news channels.
We must be watching different news channels.

Most ppl don't give a crap tho anymore. Ppl put up flags on their windows and then that's it.
Exactly.

Last edited:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
As I posted on another thread I don't see why today's U18 and U20 need suffer and be denied coverage because of the failures of Hockey Canada and some potential disgraceful and criminal behaviour by a small group any number of years ago.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As I posted on another thread I don't see why today's U18 and U20 need suffer and be denied coverage because of the failures of Hockey Canada and some potential disgraceful and criminal behaviour by a small group any number of years ago.
Well said.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
It was obviously a subjective take.

The person did say Pierre McGuire was the nicest / kindest person she ever worked with at TSN - this was years ago. She said McGuire went out of his way to make even the lowest person on the totem pole feel important / welcome.

She also said she hated working the World Juniors - it ruined her Christmas and, to her, it was work, work, work.
My buddy that works at TSN has nothing good to say about Gord Miller. He said Pierre was always nice. Same with Mclennan and Ferraro. but thats just 1 persons interaction. im sure others have their own opinions.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My buddy that works at TSN has nothing good to say about Gord Miller. He said Pierre was always nice. Same with Mclennan and Ferraro. but thats just 1 persons interaction. im sure others have their own opinions.
Sounds like everyone feels the same way.

Last edited:

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
They should continue to broadcast hockey games, what kind of a question is that?

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
All the unhappy posters, plus the "sports journalist" (who finished at the bottom of their class in journalism school) who want this cancelled so they can make a name for themselves, can pound salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vancouver_2010

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why should they stop broadcasting an event that brings joy to millions of Canadian viewers and brings hope to millions of Hockey families?

Oh, cause of those unfortunate isolated events perpetuated by some immature and stupid teenagers for which they’ll get punished for it anyways?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If I were an advertiser I wouldn't touch the WJC with a 10 foot pole. I would at least take a year off in a form of protest.

This goes beyond just the sport and advertisers though, this is an indictment on Canadian institutions at a time that trust from Canadians in them is at an all time low.

Just "another day, another scandal" is how many Canadians will view this. Eventually what will remain sacred?

Unless your a smart and rational Canadian. Then youll realize you don’t need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Why should they stop broadcasting an event that brings joy to millions of Canadian viewers and brings hope to millions of Hockey families?

Oh, cause of those unfortunate isolated events perpetuated by some immature and stupid teenagers for which they’ll get punished for it anyways?
Of course.

It's just a small but LOUD group of SJW who are unhappy with life and want everyone else to be unhappy, too - they want everything cancelled. If you look at the threads on the subject, it is the same 10 posters screaming over and over, again.

Re : "Unless your a smart and rational Canadian. Then youll realize you don’t need to throw the baby out with the bath water."

Amen to that.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Should we remove broadcasting of the World Juniors altogether, or just address the poor decisions and personnel choices of the people running one of the participating country's hockey's programs?

1659976425319.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad