WJC: At what point does TSN pause/pull out of their broadcasting contract with Hockey Canada and the world juniors?

Should TSN not broadcast world juniors?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 80.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, TSN should broadcast the world juniors. If some people decide not to watch then TSN can respond accordingly, though the deal with Hockey Canada goes on for over ten more years. Not that that is a realistic option anyway.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The question is likely less “people decide not to watch” so much as “advertisers refuse to buy ad time”.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The classic negative poll question which means one answer is a double negative.

You could have just asked should they still broadcast it.

gotyournose

Oct 24, 2019
No way does TSN drop the world juniors. Yes, right now is an absolute nightmare for hockey Canada and an awful image for hockey in general. People will boycott hockey Canada and that’s their right. TSN dropping the world juniors will not happen.

Reactions: novisor

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
1.) why should the 2022 team not live out their dreams because of 2018? If the 2022 kids were to be involved in the same kind of thing and they couldn’t ice a team I could see Canada withdrawing but tsn would still broadcast it.

2.) multiple Canadians have multiple passports. Why should American/European Canadians not get to watch their home countries?

Many route for both. My family roots for canada/Finland.

I watch other teams if my team has a top draft pick

This makes no sense.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
There are a bunch of unhappy posters who think, "I'm unhappy and I want everyone else to be unhappy, too, so let's cancel the WJR's".

Misery loves company and all that.

Reactions: Vancouver_2010

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Yes, I demand that we cancel everyone and everything ever that hasn't shown to have a 100% squeaky clean track record.

Corporations need to make these decisions for the people as we are not intelligent enough to do so.

We just need to keep giving them our money and letting them tell us how to live our lives. Should they ever come under scrutiny for anything we need to accept that it was a totally different circumstance and they should not be held accountable as a regular person would.

Reactions: RoadWarrior

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As for me, I am looking forward to the hockey. I usually swim from noon until 1:30 so that will give me something to look forward to after my exercise - I think games start at 2.

Even with all the players we don't have, Canada has a real chance of winning this.

Reactions: Mooche

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At what point does TSN pause/pull out of their broadcasting contract with Hockey Canada and the world juniors?

I wonder why you didn't just ask the poll question simply, instead of making it a bit confusing?

You could have asked, "should TSN broadcast the world juniors, instead you went with the "should they not broadcast"....why is that?

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
They aren't going to do that. It is a silly conversation to even begin really.
Agreed, it would be a real stupid decision imo. It wouldn’t do anything to improve the culture within Hockey Canada or the sport itself, hurts the fans and the current players of all countries who can use the exposure to springboard their career, and 99.9% of them aren’t guilty of anything. We really need to resist this overly reactionary approach to this.

Reactions: wetcoast

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
If colavacio knew about this
Do u fire him ,,,?,
This is ugly .
Probably but that will be quite difficult to prove with this much time between then and now. We also don’t really know much details regarding that case. If we start going down the road of firing or cancelling every person who was aware to a degree then a lot of people will be implicated. By this logic then even someone like Gord Miller whose been involved intimately with hockey Canada and more than likely would have gotten wind of something like this should also be fired. I’ve been to many WJC, met Gord Miller and many like him in the media are very cozy with the top brass of Hockey Canada. No chance all those media members wouldn’t have heard something either. But I don’t think we can start firing people for just knowing or hearing stories, because there are so many degrees to that and it’s very hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Why should we “cancel” hockey as a whole just because of what 8 guys did? If it comes out that what happened is true let the authorities treat those guilty just as they would treat one of us. No need to ruin it for everybody. Wording of the poll also isn’t the greatest.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Why should we “cancel” hockey as a whole just because of what 8 guys did? If it comes out that what happened is true let the authorities treat those guilty just as they would treat one of us. No need to ruin it for everybody. Wording of the poll also isn’t the greatest.
I think people are more upset about the cover up and handling by HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad