Prospect Info: At 18th Overall the Winnipeg Jets Select C Chaz Lucius

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
artworks-000169341145-lz4idu-t500x500.jpg

Let's not joke here, every fricken year this man and our scouting have done a great job. This picture is a reminder why he's still here on Draft days like these. Yes, he isn't perfect. But damnit GO JETS GO.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
artworks-000169341145-lz4idu-t500x500.jpg

Let's not joke here, every fricken year this man and our scouting have done a great job. This picture is a reminder why he's still here on Draft days like these. Yes, he isn't perfect. But damnit GO JETS GO.

I think he might have the toughest gm gig in the league all things considered. Winnipeg will never be the top of most players or high end free agents wish lists. Chevy has done a great job. I'll never understand the shitting on him that ppl do. Ppl don't understand the half of it really.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It's not a bad pick, but I was really hoping for Carson Lambos because not only is he what the Jets need right now, but the fact he was born, raised, and played for the Winnipeg Ice, which would've also been good for the ice in terms of ticket sales if he were to develop there because who can deny it's better when it's our prospect in the system. Just would've been such an amazing story.

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's not a bad pick, but I was really hoping for Carson Lambos because not only is he what the Jets need right now, but the fact he was born, raised, and played for the Winnipeg Ice, which would've also been good for the ice in terms of ticket sales if he were to develop there because who can deny it's better when it's our prospect in the system. Just would've been such an amazing story.

Yeah I do hope at some point we get a good Winnipeg player on the team, kinda tired of all these Minnesotans :laugh:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

I hear that it's pretty rare that a guy who grows up in Winnipeg wants to play hockey in Winnipeg. Lambos was expected to go where he went tho. Lucius fell to us. Plus lhd Josh Ville Stan Samberg. I mean not really a need. You always take the faller. This guy fell for the same reason Barzal did. Lucius is a steal

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Only 3 years left and then he either re-signs for cheaper or leaves so I wouldn't be too worried

3 years...how old is he???...by then he should be on the fourth or fifth line....37 and making 8 mill a year....wow

Reactions: GNP

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I hear that it's pretty rare that a guy who grows up in Winnipeg wants to play hockey in Winnipeg. Lambos was expected to go where he went tho. Lucius fell to us. Plus lhd Josh Ville Stan Samberg. I mean not really a need. You always take the faller. This guy fell for the same reason Barzal did. Lucius is a steal

glad for lambos to be signed or picked from another team....the pressure to play for a home team in the pros would be horrendous for a young guy

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm pretty meh on this pick. We had a chance to draft a game changer with the top ranked goalie in the draft being available and we take another forward that may or may not turn out to be anything special. Was there a concern that our temperamental Helly might get his nose out of joint from a challenger being drafted this high? Whatever, we'll see what comes of this pick.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I liked other players more but can't argue with the kids talent and this org hasn't gone wrong picking the most talented player on the board.

He will be a welcome addition to out top 6 at some point.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad