OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Italy is 12th in the rankings. I think that's harsh. Everyone always says they have a mediocre team coming into whatever big tournament, and then they always seem to end up in the quarterfinals.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah true that. :) Marco Asensio doing well in Real Madrid with a great goal - they won 2-0 vs Barcelona earlier.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Those rankings are just terrible. They would solely be laughing material if FIFA didn't base their seeding on it - which will lead to ridiculous head of groups in Russia.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
At least FIFA uses some rudimentary mathematical formula instead of just pulling rankings out of their ass. I like the Elo system better, which places my Azzurri in a more respectable eighth place.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I had a date with an Milanista once (like an actual person from Milan) but she was somehow a Juventus fan :laugh:
That's funny -- was her family from Milan? Might explain something...

I have three very close Italian friends: one from Trento (in the very far north), one from Rome, and one from Calabria (in the very far south). All hardcore Juventus fans.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's funny -- was her family from Milan? Might explain something...

I have three very close Italian friends: one from Trento (in the very far north), one from Rome, and one from Calabria (in the very far south). All hardcore Juventus fans.

Not sure. I didn't get to explore much because she had to go back to Italy :(

Where are you hiding the Italian ladies from me

Like, you know, literally Italy :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And now we have Uli Hoeneß of all the people criticizing Barcelona for trying to rob Dortmund of their talent using questionable means. Not that he wouldn't be absolutely right, but...

That's Hartnell calling Byfuglien ugly

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Thought's on your teams' UCL draw? I'm aprehensive as a Celtic fan but I think we still have decent chance at finishing 3rd especially if we can pull an upset at home against one of PSG or Bayern.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Milanista here, so it's EL for us and draws are tomorrow. Group doesn't matter, with the revamp they should cruise through to the final stages of the competition. Failing to make at least the semis would be extremely disappointing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We got Real Madrid again, we face them every year in the UCL. We played them better than any team around the world last year, so maybe we'll do so again this year with a better team.

Not thrilled getting Spurs as the third team in the group, although its good to get a tough challenge out of the way.

APOEL will be lucky to pick up a point the whole group stage.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Thought's on your teams' UCL draw? I'm aprehensive as a Celtic fan but I think we still have decent chance at finishing 3rd especially if we can pull an upset at home against one of PSG or Bayern.

I'm just happy Liverpool made it :laugh:

Qualifying rounds suck

Also, our group is really easy, but we're Liverpool, so we'll make it hard somehow.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

I really like the draw. We can beat anderlecht for 3rd and we get some glamour draws. More doable draw than last year and at least we don't have to play ****ing Barcelona again.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can I get a few people to tell me how old the player in the picture looks to be? If you know who this player is, please just don't respond, and no googling please.

youssoufa-moukoko-borussia-dortmund-19082017_1u4z12koezlo81a489zm8cxfhw.jpg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Can I get a few people to tell me how old the player in the picture looks to be? If you know who this player is, please just don't respond, and no googling please.

He looks 15-16 to me. Freddy Adu, except good, LOL. I actually know Freddy's mom and a little of the guy himself, and there was some smoke to that fire but I'll leave it there.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

He looks 16. I'm disappointed that negotiations with Conte broke down. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad