Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (Holiday 2020)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Coming in from Odyssey I was very disappointed with this game at first, so I stopped playing it very early on and forgot about it until I watched Valhalla on Netflix, which gave me the itch to try this game again. This time around I stuck through and the truth is, the game get's really good when you get to England and beyond. Right now I feel like this one is my far AC game followed by Odyssey.
Agreed. This is my fav AC game too. I'm digging the Ireland DLC a lot. My only gripe is that with some of the DLC's now like Ragnarock, you have to be level 300 or some ungodly level. There's no path for new players at all to play this.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Coming in from Odyssey I was very disappointed with this game at first, so I stopped playing it very early on and forgot about it until I watched Valhalla on Netflix, which gave me the itch to try this game again. This time around I stuck through and the truth is, the game get's really good when you get to England and beyond. Right now I feel like this one is my far AC game followed by Odyssey.
OK seriously though, is it worth sticking with this game? I got a couple of hours into gameplay and while the cutscenes are impressive, the actual gameplay is just kind of dull. Does it get much better?

What I don't want to do is spend weeks/months grinding and expecting some big payoff that never comes.

I'm in the same boat as Tarheel except I got about 4 hours in 18 months ago and then just stopped.. ?

Was contemplating uninstalling it, but figure I owe it at least one more solid go....

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
4 hours in means you're still in Norway, right? I'd give it till you get to England before giving up on it.

Yea in England is where things get really good. The is the issue I had with this game, while Norway did have beautiful mountains and scenery, it felt like a large land of nothing. Add that to the slow build up and I can see why a lot of players give up on this game early on. Of course it doesn't help that a good chunk of these players are coming in from Odyssey where the landscape was the complete opposite of that.

I also think the setting sort of matters too, you need to enjoy the Viking mood in order to enjoy this game. I personally love ancient Greece, and that was part of the enjoyment factor in Odyssey. With the Vikings, I didn't care too much for until I started to watch the TV series and read more about them, and that was the biggest factor in me giving this game another shot.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I'm in the same boat as Tarheel except I got about 4 hours in 18 months ago and then just stopped.. ?

Was contemplating uninstalling it, but figure I owe it at least one more solid go....
What everyone said. I picked it up at Christmas and I’m doing the Ireland DLC. So, so fun.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The new patch includes the two missing Tombs of the Fallen along with a lengthy epic conclusion. This is so, so fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00