Value of: Artemi Panarin to Penguins

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The jackets fan inferiority complex never gets old.
This trade would be like someone offering the Penguins an aging 1C(with 5 years and 7.25M cap hit) for Kessel.

But he's a 1C and you get a first and a prospect!

And then you can trade him or malkin or Crosby away! It all works out in the end right?

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
This trade would be like someone offering the Penguins an aging 1C(with 5 years and 7.25M cap hit) for Kessel.

But he's a 1C and you get a first and a prospect!

A 30 year old number 1 center, top prospect, and 1st round pick for Kessel is a damn good deal.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
A 30 year old number 1 center, top prospect, and 1st round pick for Kessel is a damn good deal.

In a vacuum yes.
But if that 1C who is one hit away from LTIR and completely f***ing over your cap situation it makes no sense when what you have is working just fine. It's making the trade for the sake of making a trade.

Reactions: mikeyp24

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
In a vacuum yes.
But if that 1C who is one hit away from LTIR and completely ****ing over your cap situation it makes no sense when what you have is working just fine. It's making the trade for the sake of making a trade.

But are things working fine?

They’ve been in a free fall lately, and they’re still chasing that elusive first playoff series win after 2 decades.

Maybe it’s time for a shake up.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
CBJ GM Kek isnt trading for Malkin or Crosby., They dont really work within CBJ time frame for PO runs. Only offer I could imagine is a deal around Bob for Murray. But that has nothing to do with age and contract costs, along with watching Bob face the Flyers in a Pens uni. in the PO ... amirite

Base deal around
Murray and a 1st?
for
2xVezina winner
BOB

That help your playoff run?

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
But are things working fine?

They’ve been in a free fall lately, and they’re still chasing that elusive first playoff series win after 2 decades.

Maybe it’s time for a shake up.
Yeah, shaking things up by trading the teams best player who they literally just acquired for a player who plays in a position the team has overwhelming depth.

You guys can keep Letang. We'll keep Panarin and figure things out elsewhere.

Tank To Win

Apr 8, 2010
Northampton, Pa
I love when Penguins "fans" come here and make proposals involving Letang, all the while claiming that he is a top 5 defenseman in the league.

I can't remember the last time a playoff team traded a top 5 defenseman in the league this late in the season.

Reactions: Cogburn and Fro

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I love when Penguins "fans" come here and make proposals involving Letang, all the while claiming that he is a top 5 defenseman in the league.

I can't remember the last time a playoff team traded a top 5 defenseman in the league this late in the season.

The OP isn't a "Penguins" fan - just some random poster who regularly posts absolutely terrible proposals that make no sense for either team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad