Value of: Artemi Panarin to Penguins

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Letang straight up for Panarin could work, really don't think anything needs to be added on Pittsburgh's behalf in that deal.
Dont you think Jackets had enough off older player with massive contracts, with injury-problems and getting worse for every game? I mean Horton, Clarkson, Dubi, they should learn by now.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I can’t see a world in where Columbus or Pittsburgh trade high scoring players to each other.

Not comparing Panarin to Crosby in any way but, i see this just as id see a CBJ fan opening a thread, saying Crosby to CBJ for PLD + Milano + 1st.

Pens fans would go apeshit.

Not happening.

That being said...i too am a pessimist and don’t see Panarin willing to resign. He and Bobrovsky are great friends and do everything together (check out their instagrams) but i think Panarin wants to win a cup and doesn’t see the light in Columbus. Can see him as a great fit in St. Louis or as the missing piece on a team like Anaheim or even Vegas.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I would love Panarin on the Pens. Much like I would love McDonaugh on the Pens. Neither of these trades will happen though because both teams hate the Penguins guts.

As for the trades, pretty bad. 1 and 3 are not good deals for the Pens. 2 is a horrible deal for the Jets.

We do need an upgrade on wing though. If I’m JR I offer up Sprong+1st+cap dump for Panarin. I think that’s fair value but again they wouldn’t accept.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Trade values are terrible. Just terrible. But I like where your head is at.

Go all-in, again! 3-peat! Now is the time. Malkin looks like he could win a playoff series by himself right now. Go get an extra winger and some depth. Make a run!

Teams don't go all-in often enough, in my opinion.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Columbus has the one of he best young D cores in the league and is struggling to score, I know what they need!

AN AGING DEFENDER
PICKS AND PROSPECTS

For their leading point getter.

Trading with arguably their biggest rivals.
Get real man. Jarmo would hang up as soon as Pitt mentions Panarin.

Reactions: Dumais and mikeyp24

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
This seems like the most of the Habs proposals. The whole "I want x player from your team and I don't really care what your teams needs are but this is what I'm trying to get rid of so it should work"

Reactions: Dumais

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Tell me how they're bad. Logically. Break it down. And I'll happily tell you why I disagree.

1- Columbus and Pit. making an intra-division trade....um....no. Pit. does not get Panarin under any circumstances. I'm not sure Letang has any value at this point.
2-Nowhere near enough for Trouba, WPG wants an elite LHD. NYR offer Ryan McD for Trouba, think THAT kind of return, not mediocre parts for an elite player.
3- The Kane deal makes the most sense and the return is decent for a UFA.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Pitt better trade Crosby if they don't sweep the playoffs this year... I don't see him playing and just sitting out until they move him if that's the case..

"Every non CBJ fan about CBJ situations and players*

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Number 1 dmen are much more important than a winger.

Then you add a 1st and Sprong, uhh no thanks.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Letang has averaged 1 PPG on defense his whole career and has suffered because he's doesn't have someone to play with. Quite frankly, he's a top 5 defenseman in the league. Not too mention Sprong and a 1st. That's a clear overpay for a guy who's out the door. I'm sorry but the clock is ticking on Panarin in Columbus. You cash in your chips before you leave with pennies on the dollar.

As for the Jets, I think Hornqvist plays with Ehlers as a skill-crab combo and Armia is more of a 4th liner on a Stanley Cup team. You want four good lines and Armia is a 4th liner on a good team. Armia is your solid chip-in a few times a week kinda guy. He's nothing special. Hornqvist gives them an upgrade at wing, and Oleksiak as a big body defenseman and direct replacement for Trouba. Not as good but a serviceable replacement nonetheless.

Are you sure it's not a consequence of all the severe injuries he's had in his career? Yes, Letang has been a top 5 D in the league in the past few years when healthy, but there's tons of red flags around Letang. That guy is one concussion away from retirement. I hope he never gets any other severe injuries for his own sake, but I can't see other teams paying a steep price for a player whose career could come to an end abruptly with a $7.8M contract still on the books.

Not a chance Columbus trade Panarin to the Penguins for Letang.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Letang has averaged 1 PPG on defense his whole career and has suffered because he's doesn't have someone to play with. Quite frankly, he's a top 5 defenseman in the league. Not too mention Sprong and a 1st. That's a clear overpay for a guy who's out the door. I'm sorry but the clock is ticking on Panarin in Columbus. You cash in your chips before you leave with pennies on the dollar.

As for the Jets, I think Hornqvist plays with Ehlers as a skill-crab combo and Armia is more of a 4th liner on a Stanley Cup team.
You want four good lines and Armia is a 4th liner on a good team. Armia is your solid chip-in a few times a week kinda guy. He's nothing special. Hornqvist gives them an upgrade at wing, and Oleksiak as a big body defenseman and direct replacement for Trouba. Not as good but a serviceable replacement nonetheless.

Just stop with that.

Armia is an excellent bottom6 winger who can cover on the top6 when injuries hit. He kills penalties/strong defensively and adds depth scoring.
There's no chance in hell a 23y #1RD gets traded to Hornqvist. That's honestly one of the worst proposals here.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Pitt better trade Crosby if they don't sweep the playoffs this year... I don't see him playing and just sitting out until they move him if that's the case..

"Every non CBJ fan about CBJ situations and players*

The jackets fan inferiority complex never gets old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad