Around the NHL XXXVI: Ladd AND Weise/Fleischmann to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Very good info here. I always enjoy your posts RB. I guess the reason for this is Dolan doesn't push back when he gets left out? Is it simply because he doesn't care? He's throwing away revenue just like that? If so, he's a bigger moron than I thought he was.

Dude's family has as much money as God herself. Jim Dolan is apparently worth 1.5bil. I don't think he's losing too much sleep over whatever he would make from those games. Being part of these teams is a part-time hobby for him, brings in a few extra cents.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't watch him on a daily basis, but I am 99.99999% sure he is better than each of our wonder twins

I am not a hater of karlsson what so ever but staal and girardi are actually fundamentally better than karlsson :facepalm:

He just gets undressed so often on things that even our guys don't fall for.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Nasty collision for Subban as he awkwardly falls and Emelin bumps him, his head goes back badly.

Emelin caused Price's injury in the 2014 playoffs and now he's injured Subban. Or I wonder if the Habs fans will blame Foligno?

I really hope PK is okay, he's a fantastic player and an even better human being.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He is bad defensively.

I don't know if I'd call him bad - he's about average, maybe slightly below. But his offensive ability is so high that I think it easily overcomes any defensive shortcomings.

You put him with a solid stay-at-home type and it doesn't really matter.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Was that the big hubbub they made over not wanting to use the [team name].nhl.com url? Or was it over something else?

It was about ownership of, and content on the website.

I'm sure one of the resident lawyers could explain it better than me.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't know if I'd call him bad - he's about average, maybe slightly below. But his offensive ability is so high that I think it easily overcomes any defensive shortcomings.

You put him with a solid stay-at-home type and it doesn't really matter.

Agreed here. He's not bad, he's not good. The question that I think is valid is whether or not the offense overcomes the defense to Norris Trophy levels. For me, not really. I can easily see where others would think it does for some people.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Agreed here. He's not bad, he's not good. The question that I think is valid is whether or not the offense overcomes the defense to Norris Trophy levels. For me, not really. I can easily see where others would think it does for some people.

seriously?

your average "defensive defenseman" puts up 25-30 points...

You're willing to sacrifice another 35-40 points because he's "Bad defensively"? I mean, all of those points mean he is on the ice for a goal for. I can't possibly see how poor defense outweights his benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad