Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
One team who couldn't finish their series in 4 or 5 games, should not be rewarded with 5 days of rest after closing it in 7. Takes away the whole purpose of having a rest advantage.
I agree that team should have an advantage and giving the Caps more days works in their favour. BUT I am selfish and just want to watch the games .. I do not want to wait regardless of the reason or who it might favor. I am not really pulling for either team... but I do agree that it diminishes Vegas' advantage

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I wonder what the logic for the finals not starting until Monday is.

There was a Pink concert scheduled for tonight at T-mobile so that explains it for today but I'm not sure why it's not Sunday.

Maybe they wanted to give an extra day to take down the entire setup and get a better ice quality.

That being said, the game could've been on friday also.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
There was a Pink concert scheduled for tonight at T-mobile so that explains it for today but I'm not sure why it's not Sunday.

Maybe they wanted to give an extra day to take down the entire setup and get a better ice quality.

Yeah the nearly a full week since a Game 7 is pretty poor scheduling in terms of losing hype.
How long has it been now since Vegas played a game? This is memories of us vs Anaheim.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah the nearly a full week since a Game 7 is pretty poor scheduling in terms of losing hype.
How long has it been now since Vegas played a game? This is memories of us vs Anaheim.

I agree, it takes momentum out of the finals and the advantage of closing out the Conf. Finals in a shorter time. I also think it takes away momentum for fans.

That being said, I also don't mind it that much because it's also the finals. You want to have a good battle. You give both teams a bit of time to get healthier. Guys like Backstrom and Perron can heal up and then you have both teams firing on all cylinders. When you make it to that point I think you deserve a small break.

Players shouldn't be affected by a long break IMO, it's the finals and the cup is what it's all about. A long break shouldn't make you unprepared to go all out.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Personally, I think the league was scared to go toe to toe with the Golden State-Houston game 6 plus there was The UEFA final this afternoon. They shot themselves in the foot now though with the game 7 now going against their game 1. Sunday afternoon would have been a decent time imo but there will be the indy 500 I believe so maybe that scared them?

I think I'll probably watch the game 7 now with the hockey in the background.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
not complaining at all about Washington getting time to rest up and hopefully getting a stronger backstrom in return.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

giphy.webp

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Start the season earlier and have the finals wrapped up by late May or early June.

The NHL is always cognitive about overlapping, to much, with the other Major Leagues, and competing with them for TV viewers. Starting the season earlier, makes them compete more with MLB and the NFL than they are now, and college football for that matter.

I'd rather see them end the season earlier as well, but perhaps by eliminating the "off week" or shortening the All Star week(end) or something along those lines.

Having to spray on deep woods off, to keep the mosquitoes away, prior to the SCFs even starting is ridiculous.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Man i hope Vegas loses just for these pre game shows. Getting a but much maybe? Bringing out the Lets get ready to rumble guy a good touch now they just need some bikini girls to come out between periods holding a sign saying what period it is

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Man i hope Vegas loses just for these pre game shows. Getting a but much maybe? Bringing out the Lets get ready to rumble guy a good touch now they just need some bikini girls to come out between periods holding a sign saying what period it is

The medieval times thing is weird but Michael Buffers Great IMO.

Reactions: Daffy

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I hope Tom Wilson dummies someone on Vegas for that pregame. Criss Angel? Seriously? Let’s go Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad