Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My Bobby Orr Story:
Barry Boughner played for the California Golden Seals (70/71), he played against Bobby Orr. He told a group of us once at a golf course that while he was sitting on the bench during a game he watched Bobby Orr take the puck from behind his net & skate it to the other end of the rink stick handling through the entire team they were playing against.

Orr lost a glove on the way, so he went around the other team's net & began to skate back to get his glove in his own end, all the while still handling the puck & avoiding everyone on the ice who was trying to take the puck away from him. After retrieving his glove, he skated again behind his own net & started back down towards the other end of the ice, again avoiding everyone trying to take the puck away from him for the third time on one shift & made it all the way to his opponents net & scored a goal. He then went back to the bench & sat down awaiting his next shift.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
A team I hate (Washington) against a team I'm a little bitter about since they had such a sweetheart expansion draft loaded with legit talent gifted to them while we had to set records for futility and terribleness in our expansion years because the best players we had available to us were guys like Laurie Boschman...

Is there a way both teams can lose the cup this year?

The important thing is just to focus on the losing team and laugh at the losing team. Just pretend the winning team isn't there.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I like Trotz because of how he kept Nashville alive for so long. Never really cared much for Ovechkin... I don't understand how people from other fanbases can be so invested in him winning and being better than Crosby. It's annoying to read kind of like how Montreal has alot of annoying fans which makes me dislike that team more.

I want Vegas to win I guess. Glad Tampa is out.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I like Trotz because of how he kept Nashville alive for so long. Never really cared much for Ovechkin... I don't understand how people from other fanbases can be so invested in him winning and being better than Crosby. It's annoying to read kind of like how Montreal has alot of annoying fans which makes me dislike that team more.

I don't think that's the reason is it? My reason is the guy has been a great player and an entertaining player and he's a good reason to watch hockey over the years, so it would be nice to see him win. Backstrom too.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I don't think that's the reason is it? My reason is the guy has been a great player and an entertaining player and he's a good reason to watch hockey over the years, so it would be nice to see him win. Backstrom too.

Plus it’s been pretty ridiculous to hear him dragged for the Capitals choking every year, when he’s one of the best goal scorers of all time (and a great playoff performer)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

I couldn't care less about him being "better than Crosby", it would just be nice to see possibly the greatest goal scorer of all time win a cup. Crosby has nothing to do with it

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Gretzky has 4 cups already, Lemieux has 2, and Bossy has 4.

Not sure what you're waiting for. :sarcasm:

There's a reason why I used the word "possibly" :rolly:
Some would argue it... I would say greatest of the "modern era", whatever that is

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

I would feel the same about EK if (god forbid) he were moving on to the SCF with another team and we were on the golf course.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
found this on the playoffs board
XUcNszv.jpg

Reactions: pzeeman
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
The first goal is going to be a blooper for the ages, he will never live that down

Third one was worse. At least you can argue that the first goal was actually a foul. (Techically, the forward is not allowed to move into the path before the ball is released).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad