Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Never been to that site and maybe they are nice. But on these boards a lot of their fans are horrible . Coincides quite well with their GM and his low balling El cheapo offers for our top guys.

What site??? AlwaysSunnyinTampa is one of their posters here.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So....

McPhee's old team vs McPhee's new team
Team with worst ever record, as an expansion team vs expansion team making the SCF in their first year
Washington slaying the dragon (Pens) vs team of misfits playing with a chip on their shoulder

Lots of competing story lines this year. Should be interesting to see what direction the media goes

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So TBL probably would have won the cup if they traded Sergachev in a deal for Karlsson at the deadline?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Vegas Baby! (I never noticed the V in the mask before)

images.jpg

untitled.png

Last edited:

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
So TBL probably would have won the cup if they traded Sergachev in a deal for Karlsson at the deadline?

Will be interesting to see if either Nashville or Tampa ( both of which probably assumed would be playing for the cup this year) make an active extra push for Karlsson now..

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Will be interesting to see if either Nashville or Tampa ( both of which probably assumed would be playing for the cup this year) make an active extra push for Karlsson now..

Karlsson instantly becomes the best player on those teams and transforms them into the head and shoulders cup favourite IMO. But you talk to fans of these teams and they talk about it like Karlsson is Marc-Andre Bergeron. Truly ignorant hockey fans.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

I still have a feeling that something around Karlsson for Subban is one of Dorion's backup plans. It just makes too much sense if Karlsson not being re-signed is about money, and we're on a 5 year plan (Subban signed for 4) at 10/10/8/8) with a possible downtown arena coming right beside Gatineau.

If Ottawa/Nashville can find a way to get rid of Ryan's contract in the deal, that would set the Senators up about as best as they are going to be set up after this entire thing.

I'm judging that by Vegas having the best offer at the deadline, at this point I'd rather have Subban over 3 possible late 1sts and a "top" VGK prospect. If another team steps up with an amazing futures based offer, maybe that would change.

Reactions: DrEasy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
TB and greedy Nepean boy Stevie Y deserved it. Still glad they lowballed enough for EK to not be traded AND screw themselves out of being a perennial contender in the process.

It's time, it's time, it's Vegas time!

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I still have a feeling that something around Karlsson for Subban is one of Dorion's backup plans. It just makes too much sense if Karlsson not being re-signed is about money, and we're on a 5 year plan (Subban signed for 4) at 10/10/8/8) with a possible downtown arena coming right beside Gatineau.

If Ottawa/Nashville can find a way to get rid of Ryan's contract in the deal, that would set the Senators up about as best as they are going to be set up after this entire thing.

I'm judging that by Vegas having the best offer at the deadline, at this point I'd rather have Subban over 3 possible late 1sts and a "top" VGK prospect. If another team steps up with an amazing futures based offer, maybe that would change.

Yeah, I've seen you float this idea. Makes sense...and while I'd rather keep Erik; Subban coming back would at least be a decent trade off, especially if we get rid of Ryan in the process.
I just wonder if both Nashville and moreso Tampa are really kicking themselves now for not getting Karlsson. Tampa certainly could have used that extra offensive push from the back end in the final 2 games....perhaps they "up the offer" now....

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Yeah, I've seen you float this idea. Makes sense...and while I'd rather keep Erik; Subban coming back would at least be a decent trade off, especially if we get rid of Ryan in the process.
I just wonder if both Nashville and moreso Tampa are really kicking themselves now for not getting Karlsson. Tampa certainly could have used that extra offensive push from the back end in the final 2 games....perhaps they "up the offer" now....

The only thing appealing about a move like that would be to troll the Habs before we fold the franchise.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Sergachev barely played in the playoffs. I guess Tampa regretting it comes down to how long they see their window being. Obviously they are going to be very good for a very long time, but looking at the structure of their team, this past playoff and the next one are really when things look open for them. Kucherov still cheap, key players still on their ELCs.

At the same time, I think TBL got a pretty good deal for JT Miller+McDonaugh.

I don't think Nashville could have been front runners at the deadline with a futures type package. I guess they have Tolvanen whose value has shot way up as a blue chip guy, so if the Sens like him (they passed on him, but so did almost everybody) that's a big piece.

With Nashville, I think it's Subban related. Just a hunch I guess. Friedman had reported that his name come up with COL in Duchene talks before Duchene was dealt. I don't recall if that was NSH offering him, or COL asking for him. There's also guys like Pagnotta who think it's a matter of time before NSH eventually trades him. According to Dorion, Poile was the first GM to call him on Karlsson this season. I would assume it happened after Dorion floated the "omg gretzky was traded" comments.

Dorion has also gone on about having numerous backup plans. Dorion can't take a chance on pieces that might not pan out in exchange for Karlsson, he needs to get something tangible or else he'll set this franchise back a decade. So it makes sense to me that if package deals aren't good enough, he might look for something as close to a lateral move as possible with a player who fits this team's ability (or lack of ability) to spend.

Reactions: DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sharks deal for Kane at 7x7 goes through.

Nice knowing you one or two of Karlsson/Hoffman/Duchene/Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad