Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
I'm guessing with that home record of Vegas, that visiting teams have been distracted with the fun and games of Las Vegas, perhaps next year teams will change their travel schedules and impose more strict curfews.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I'm guessing with that home record of Vegas, that visiting teams have been distracted with the fun and games of Las Vegas, perhaps next year teams will change their travel schedules and impose more strict curfews.

I don’t really know how much of an issue that is. It’s not like the Rangers and Kings benefit from this to any great extent, and they play in nightlife hubs as well (although Vegas is another beast, to be sure).

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Probably more the newness factor. Same as when a new goalie hits the NHL. Take a year or two to get a 'book' on a player...same thing for a team & system. Plus, these guys are playing for pride and ego. They weren't protected by their clubs, and that does tend to put a scare into a person. If you suddenly realize your career isn't as secure as you thought it was, it tends to light a fire under your butt.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Romanuk and Millen are a painful duo. They’re like the Phaneuf and Ceci of broadcasters.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Damn...watching TSN highlights...John Tortorella looks awful. Dude has lost weight (muscle), his face has aged badly. Voice sounds weaker. He didn't look anything like that in the fall.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t really know how much of an issue that is. It’s not like the Rangers and Kings benefit from this to any great extent, and they play in nightlife hubs as well (although Vegas is another beast, to be sure).

Not that I really buy into that theory either, but all the teams players have experienced multiple road trips to NY, LA, Mtl and other hot spots for nightlife. Vegas is new, so the potential to want to take in the sites is greater.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Vegas is a good team, end of story. Gallant has them playing some awesome hockey. I wasn't for hockey in Vegas but the team is quite good thus far, let's see if they can keep it up.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wow...bullshit faceoff penalty against Columbus to make it 4on4...then Pens score with a few mins left in the game. Mario really gets a great deal from the refs in this league.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Bruins only 2 points behind Toronto and they have 3 games in hand.

7 of the 10 games tonight went to overtime.

Last edited:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
TML fans are jokes.

On the main boards a fan said, something to the effect of, would’ve been nice to win this year (talking about Matthews and his concussion issues).

Man some of their fans are delusional :laugh:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
TML fans are jokes.

On the main boards a fan said, something to the effect of, would’ve been nice to win this year (talking about Matthews and his concussion issues).

Man some of their fans are delusional :laugh:

Some of them want Babcock fired. Or at least some people on Twitter were saying that.

Boston won again today. They are now tied with Toronto at 43 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad