Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The wildcards in our conf now have more pts than us, so its top 3 or bust which will leave me only able to revel in Montreal and Edmontons misfortunes
That's what happens when your system is built to stop pressing the play and turtle when you're up by one goal. How many points have we lost in the 3rd period this season so far? 4-6?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Montreal Gazette, TSN 690, RDS all confirming rumours they believe Price will be traded.
I really hope it's to Nashville for Rinne. Reunite the triple low five re-introduced right after they win against mtl.

(Although Rinne doesn't deserve this)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I really hope it's to Nashville for Rinne. Reunite the triple low five re-introduced right after they win against mtl.

(Although Rinne doesn't deserve this)

My guess is he goes to Winnipeg. They have the Cap space and the prospects to make it happen.

Puts Winnipeg into elite territory if they get Price, instant Cup contender,

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
That's what happens when your system is built to stop pressing the play and turtle when you're up by one goal. How many points have we lost in the 3rd period this season so far? 4-6?

Well the system did serve us pretty well last year. Playing a well structured team game that tries to capitalize on the other team pressing especially when they may be more loaded with top talent doesnt seem on the surface a bad idea to me. But it also relys on great goaltending, the lack of which seemed more the cause of our last loss than any turtling.

Im unconvinced the system is a cause for our 3rd period losses yet. When it works it is lauded everywhere as great structure and team play. When the goalies let us down or the other team makes some good plays it is seen as turtling.

I suppose there are other possible systems that could work, and maybe we are getting skilled enough to adopt one, but its an old cliche that defense wins championships and it almost worked for us last year, i'd hope we can perfect it this year. Great teams can and do shut others down late in the game.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
no system in hockey will over come the goaltending we've been getting.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
y
Thing is we could've easily won at least 4 games we lost in OT WHILE getting this goaltending.
so the problem then is not being able to score? our lack of scoring cannot be overcome?

I commented on our goaltending. agree or disagree I don't care. but your comment quoting mine really doesn't make much sense.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
y

so the problem then is not being able to score? our lack of scoring cannot be overcome?

I commented on our goaltending. agree or disagree I don't care. but your comment quoting mine really doesn't make much sense.

Well, you may want to read the comment you were replying to once again.

Talking about how we lay back when we have a lead. I'm not sure what's so complicated lol

Reactions: BondraTime

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well, you may want to read the comment you were replying to once again.

Talking about how we lay back when we have a lead. I'm not sure what's so complicated lol
laying back and protecting when you have a lead is not the issue. 30 other teams do it. We are blowing leads because of substandard goaltending

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I can't believe I took time to go look up that stuff. The rumor I saw was so stupid and nonsensical that it's obviously a troll job.

Twitter is like 50% trolls and idiots, 40% bots and 10% people.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So it's confirmed Arizona is good and we don't need to be embarrassed ?

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Thats what i said when they beat us, that Arizona is a better team then their record indicates. They have some really good pieces there and in the coming years they will become a really good team.
I hope that they turn it around just like Nashville did

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So I guess Sens > Leafs

Since the Leafs lost 4-1 and the Sens only 3-2 in OT

My guess is he goes to Winnipeg. They have the Cap space and the prospects to make it happen.

Puts Winnipeg into elite territory if they get Price, instant Cup contender,

No I think it would put them in "almost became a contender" territory

Price has a 10.5 cap hit from 31 to 39 years old... He has had several injuries and has shown major signs of decline.

Jets are my 2nd team (well tied with Preds and Flames) and I would be pretty pissed if they do that. Currently Hellebyuck is much better, like AINEC

Put that money of forwards and defense. Scheifele's contract is awesome and will allow them to build a solid core. I would have traded Karlsson for him and Trouba but I think it's too late now

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, that Price contract is one hell of an anchor for a team. I don't care if he turns into the best goalie in NHL history (he isn't that...nowhere near that), a goalie isn't worth $10 mil.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So we did better than Leafs and Habs against Yotes after all huh
Leafs woulda had their OT point too had it not been for those pesky replay guys saying you can't spear a goalie and score while he scrambles to get back into position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad