Around the NHL XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Who was better, available and not a lot more expensive at that time though?

Cap wise it was a masterstroke of a trade for us, just like the Phaneuf trade.

He didn't score much but the team as whole mostly didn't either, hard to say how much is on him specifically no?

Like whom??Most teams already had a read on what Zibby was .We were looking for a 2nd line center with a certain amount of term ,making a certain amount of dollars.

What we really need is a front line center that is better than Turris.Cant trade for those ,need to draft one :nod:

No one better was available at the time, but if we held onto him for another year maybe we could have traded him this summer for Duchene? Obviously we'd have to throw in more, but Duchene is probably the closest thing to a number one centre that we could realistically acquire.

This is all hindsight of course. No one knew Duchene would be available a year ago.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No one better was available at the time, but if we held onto him for another year maybe we could have traded him this summer for Duchene? Obviously we'd have to throw in more, but Duchene is probably the closest thing to a number one centre that we could realistically acquire.

This is all hindsight of course. No one knew Duchene would be available a year ago.

Why does Colorado trade for zibanejad when what they want is D? I just don't see why they would bother making that swap.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Why does Colorado trade for zibanejad when what they want is D? I just don't see why they would bother making that swap.

That's a fair point, but I could see a young guy like Zibby being of interest to them.

Either way, it's a moot point now.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
The Rangers really need to win the series against the Scabs.That fan base is full of complete trash. Those fans are the dirty cockroaches of the NHL. I hope that franchise crashes and burns

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
One game?

What a ****ing joke.

Guy cross checks a Pens player in the back. Then turns around and gives him a push while the Pens player is bending over in pain.

**** the DOPS.

It's the playoffs. One playoff game is worth 5 regular season games, or whatever the argument is. I don't agree with it either, but I'm not really surprised.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I called he would get suspended one game. I know what I'm doing. Honestly I didn't think it was as bad as people made it out be in the main thread I was expecting a McSorely type ordeal.

Very stupid play overall though.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
lol grapes just threw Karlsson under the bus

Could have commented on his leadership or how he willed his team to a comeback win with his determination and unbelievable play but instead he does this ****

what a dumbass. senile old man

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Ripping on Karlsson for apparently yelling at the refs after the 2nd Boston goal. Not completely sure what his first name is "Erik" it might be.

I thought he was gonna show that great setup. Have no idea what he was on about. He loves the Sens. I remember him calling Mike Fisher, of all people, a "thug" for wearing a tuque.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I thought he was gonna show that great setup. Have no idea what he was on about. He loves the Sens. I remember him calling Mike Fisher, of all people, a "thug" for wearing a tuque.

When Don Cherry inevitably passes away, my first thought will not be "oh that's so terrible", it will be "that's great, who's his replacement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad