Around the NHL XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
What a way for Calgary to lose. I'm surprised Elliott didn't have time to adjust but then again I never tried out being a goalie.

Looks like he was trying too hard to anticipate the play and over committed wayyyy too much.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Stalling on icing calls. Refs let him get away with it because of who he is.

Vicious slashes are not being called in the playoffs.

The referees aren't going to possibly decide a playoff game or series on a call like delay of game to a bench.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Vicious slashes are not being called in the playoffs.

The referees aren't going to possibly decide a playoff game or series on a call like delay of game to a bench.

You lost?

If Babcock wants to systematically abuse that he should absolutely be called for it. Give him a warning and if it continues make the call.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
You lost?

If Babcock wants to systematically abuse that he should absolutely be called for it. Give him a warning and if it continues make the call.

I can't disagree with you.

But that's not why the Maple Leafs won this game.

They've been as good as the Capitals in both games. Maybe even better than them for the majority of the series so far.

I don't expect to win the series because I think the Capitals will wake up and the Maple Leafs defence is really messed up now with no Polak and an injured Zaitsev. But the fact that they've pushed the Capitals in both games so far is promising, given the young age of the Maple Leafs and potential going forward.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I can't disagree with you.

But that's not why the Maple Leafs won this game.

They've been as good as the Capitals in both games. Maybe even better than them for the majority of the series so far.

I don't expect to win the series because I think the Capitals will wake up and the Maple Leafs defence is really messed up now with no Polak and an injured Zaitsev. But the fact that they've pushed the Capitals in both games so far is promising, given the young age of the Maple Leafs and potential going forward.

The Leafs (*ptui*) have been very impressive this series. Marner is punching over his weight. And Boyle, I've always loved his calm competitiveness in the playoffs. I noticed the leafs trapping it up big-time with the 1 goal lead, and they wouldn't even send a forechecker over the blue line. Did hfboard fans blow a gasket over that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad