Around the NHL XXI: Where we kid about Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Oooh, love it. MTL is crashing and burning. I guess they are not as deep as they think. They've been injury free until the last month.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
PK should focus on playing hockey instead of challenging the PM on singing Christmas songs and all his others off-ice distractions.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Montreal reminds me of the 2007-08 Sens under Paddock. Best start in franchise history only to come apart, barely make the playoffs, and get swept. I could very well see the same thing happening with Montreal this season, except their collapse has begun earlier.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He has 3 pts in his last 3 games incl. tonight

And? He's a combined -4 in the last three straight losses, including tonight.

Not sure why you bring up those three useless points.

Edit: Ok, saw YOUR edit, and I get what you were saying. Nevermind. ;)

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
And? He's a combined -4 in the last three straight losses, including tonight.

Not sure why you bring up those three useless points.

Edit: Ok, saw YOUR edit, and I get what you were saying. Nevermind. ;)

Exactly... was just piling on your comments :laugh:
Seriously, I don't know how a coach is supposed to deal with a ''superstar'' like Subban when you see him everywhere in all kind of off ice activities? Then he pulls off two delay of game penalties in the same game... that's just unacceptable IMHO. To be fair, he's been pretty good this year for the most part but not nearly enough to the level of a $9M player.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And Montreal with two wins in the last 10 games....

That's just crazy. Pacioretty was livid when talking to reporters after the game. As someone said above, looks like their team just doesn't have the depth they thought they had when Price and Gallagher went down.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
And Montreal with two wins in the last 10 games....

That's just crazy. Pacioretty was livid when talking to reporters after the game. As someone said above, looks like their team just doesn't have the depth they thought they had when Price and Gallagher went down.

I can't help but think how the Sens reacted a few years ago when we lost Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson at the same time. The rest of the team stepped up and carried the load and even made the playoffs against all odds.

For Montreal to crash so quickly, I wonder about the chemistry in that room.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I can't help but think how the Sens reacted a few years ago when we lost Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson at the same time. The rest of the team stepped up and carried the load and even made the playoffs against all odds.

For Montreal to crash so quickly, I wonder about the chemistry in that room.

Losing Price is the biggest blow to their team.

Not even Subbans "elite" defense can save them

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Montreal reminds me of the 2007-08 Sens under Paddock. Best start in franchise history only to come apart, barely make the playoffs, and get swept. I could very well see the same thing happening with Montreal this season, except their collapse has begun earlier.

My thoughts exactly. The problem with starting with a big winning streak is that you don't work out all of the kinks from the off season, when all of the bounces are going your way you let the bad habits start to take over.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
One Stanley cup with Crosby Malkin and Fleury is such a major disappointment for that franchise IMO.

I think part of the problem with Pittsburgh is caused by top tier players getting very high salaries which negatively affects the ability of the team to pay other high quality players. The Senators ran into this problem when they lost Chara, traded Havlat, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad