Around the NHL XXI: Where we kid about Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If they actually watched how Ryan has become a more complete player, absolutely. But they're convinced he's still the one-dimensional opportunistic sniper that they thought they didn't need.

Which he very well might still be if he had stayed with them

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Feel bad for Lightning fans. With the whole Stamkos drama and how Leaf fans are acting about it, i hope the bolts turn it around, make the playoffs and win the cup.

I honestly had the Lightning winning the division. Still possible, but highly unlikely though. I still think they will make the playoffs.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Atlantic is getting crowded. 5th team in Atlantic has more points than 5th team in any other division.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Feel bad for Lightning fans. With the whole Stamkos drama and how Leaf fans are acting about it, i hope the bolts turn it around, make the playoffs and win the cup.

I honestly had the Lightning winning the division. Still possible, but highly unlikely though. I still think they will make the playoffs.

I actually hope the Leafs get Stamkos. He's bound to be super overpaid.

The history of goal scorers in the NHL is that they peak at a super young age (ie. younger than he is now). If the Leafs get stuck with his albatross of a contract that's only a good thing.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

The history of goal scorers in the NHL is that they peak at a super young age (ie. younger than he is now). If the Leafs get stuck with his albatross of a contract that's only a good thing.

Wait until they get him and he scores a boatload of goals against us.

Not so big if.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head

Me too. With so much money tied up in Stamkos and Phaneuf they'd have a real hard time filling out the rest of the roster.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton is bottom 5 in the league, yet 2 points away from the 3rd spot in the pacific division. My god is the pacific division garbage. Only LA would be in a playoff spot in the east.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

And the other problem.....pure goal scorers absolutely need an elite playmaker to be effective. If there's no one there to set him up, he's not gonna score many goals.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Problem is that Stamkos + nylander/marner could be scary good.

I'd rather he didn't end up in Toronto on that off chance that he explodes. I'd rather he just continue to stink it up in Tampa :nod:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
All I want for Christmas is for Mtl to lose their next two games while we win ours so we can be tied in the standings on Xmas day.

Not too much to ask, is it?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Pens are at all-time low right now. Too bad we don't play them till February.

I know Sid has a ton of mileage on that body....but I have never seen an elite player fall off that badly in one year. Either he is hiding some sort of nagging physical problem, or things are completely off the rails behind the scenes. Crosby definitely doesn't seem like the type of person to simply put forth a half-assed effort or give up.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
Subban sold the **** out of that high stick

Speaking of which, Jose Theodore on TVA Sports pre-game show was talking about Klingberg and said that he (Klingberg) is among a group of 3 or 4 in the Norris discussion right now but sadly for Habs fans, Subban is not part of them :laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Habs sure have hit rock bottom.

They will most likely bounce back after Price comes back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad