Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I know but back then I thought that picking the best player out of the situation would've been the best choice rather than making deals and getting non-proven NHL'ers (Tuch, Theodore).

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well no surprise from me that Vegas won. Glad to see the Jets lose (Now maybe that would knock their fans down a peg or two). Just didn't think they would lose this quick though. Thought they would at least take it to game 6. Now if only Washington can stop choking that would be great. Otherwise it looks to be a Vegas vs. Tampa Bay Stanley cup final, which if that is the case I will be rooting for Vegas.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm salty but I don't care who comes out of the East, I hope they beat Vegas.

I think the only way they lose is if I start to bet on them to win

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Wow, I'm now all aboard the bandwagon. (Just like anyone else who is a Vegas fan this year.)

This is awesome.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
i thought jets fans were fine. they weren't dirty (ducks). that's my view at least

On the contrary, I thought Winnipeg was the worst in the last few years outside of maybe Penguins fans. This is including regular season, and reading through the Vegas-Winnipeg series threads.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
On the contrary, I thought Winnipeg was the worst in the last few years outside of maybe Penguins fans. This is including regular season, and reading through the Vegas-Winnipeg series threads.
maybe jets fans were bad. i just didn't see it nor did i hate them the way i did the ducks or the hawks (before we made them our bitch)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I want a Caps Vegas final so badly, so of course there is zero chance it happens.

I am mentally now able to chalk up the Preds failure to return to the final to this simply being a year of destiny for Vegas. The division championship and the President's Trophy are very palatable consolation prizes. If the Caps and Trotz cant win, then screw it, go Vegas

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Jets get NOTHING. No division championship, no President's Trophy, and even gave up a 1st round pick for a rental. :yo:

Well the only thing they got was beating us but seeing how we played crappy that isn't saying much. I'm hoping them knocking us out early this season is a blessing in disguise and our guys can get a longer summer to rest/relax and get healthy and more training in, especially weight training to bulk up which will help us be fresher and play better next season in the playoffs as we looked slow/tired and got easily outworked than we should have. Think going far in the playoffs last year and having a long but strong regular season finally caught up to us when we got into the playoffs. We could use the longer summer to rest and work on things.

Last edited:

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY

Every opponent last year had more obnoxious fans than either the Jets or Avs.

The worst that Jets fans got this year was when many of them insisted that we spent most of the series playing the neutral zone trap and clutching/grabbing against their offensive juggernauts. Not true, but to be honest, the Jets could have used some muckers against Vegas. (Every team’s fans love to claim that refs cost them the game, so I can’t hold that against them.)

Reactions: Legionnaire11

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Seriously, who’s gonna beat Flower right now. With the exception of one rough start he has had a playoff run for the history books.

Yep that's what having a goalie who is playing well and standing on his head can do for you in the playoffs yet when you mention how crappy Rinne is playing and we need him to play better then you get jumped on...lol. Of course the team needs to play better in front of him but even when they are or aren't you could still benefit greatly from a goalie that is on fire. Vegas has a goalie that is on fire/dialed in right now, which makes it that much harder to beat a team like that. Not to mention getting more rest between each series compared to their counterparts has helped Vegas imo in the long run.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Well the only thing they got was beating us but seeing how we played crappy that isn't saying much. I'm hoping them knocking us out early this season is a blessing in disguise and our guys can get a longer summer to rest/relax and get healthy and more training in, especially weight training to bulk up which will help us be fresher and play better next season in the playoffs as we looked slow/tired and got easily outworked than we should have. Think going far in the playoffs last year and having a long but strong regular season finally caught up to us when we got into the playoffs. We could use the longer summer to rest and work on things.

Our team is coming back essentially the same as well, while the Jets will have to really reshape themselves over the next year or two.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yep that's what having a goalie who is playing well and standing on his head can do for you in the playoffs yet when you mention how crappy Rinne is playing and we need him to play better then you get jumped on...lol. Of course the team needs to play better in front of him but even when they are or aren't you could still benefit greatly from a goalie that is on fire. Vegas has a goalie that is on fire/dialed in right now, which makes it that much harder to beat a team like that. Not to mention getting more rest between each series compared to their counterparts has helped Vegas imo in the long run.
Vegas basically loses the San Jose series without him playing as well as he is. We didnt even need a guy to do what he did, we just needed someone that was good every single night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad