Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
winnipeg doesn't strike me as that honestly. i would like to see vegas lose personally. they don't deserve to be this good without sucking a minimum of 5+ years. plus, the jets are a good skilled team and not dirty. not really much to dislike about them, other than being eliminated by them. but that's sports.

Call me selfish or petty or whatever, but I do not want the Jets winning the freaking Cup (before we do) in their first real playoff run. And you know how I feel about Vegas. Tampa has won before.

So its Caps or bust for me......

Reactions: PredsV82

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
im all in on caps. they are the closest i have to a second team. if that's even a thing. im just saying out of the 2 options in the west, it's the jets for me.

agree on it would be tough to watch them win a cup during their first real run while we have struggled all the way back to scott walker and kariya days in the playoffs.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And yet again a home team crapping the bed.

Caps are 7-1 on road/ will be 3-4 at home with a loss tonight

At least it’s not just us- The crap play of home teams is becoming one of the big stories of the playoffs

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Uhhh, deleted everything I said. Apparently the jinx is strong and happening quickly!

I've already lost my 5 points for a shutout in the nppg game, I don't need to lose anymore! :laugh::cry:

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Everyone hates the home fan. Everyone

Selling my home tickets next year and traveling for the playoffs.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think what you are seeing is teams fo on the road and play a more simple straight forward game and imagine that, it works. They get home and want to be fancy and play this wild high paced game and the other team is playing a simple direct game so they win.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well Vegas sure doesn't seem to have a problem getting the puck out of their end and are hard on their forcheck and making it difficult for the Jets to get the puck out of their end and causing Hellebuyck fits and to turn over the puck. James Neal having a great game tonight so far. Miss him.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It took Vegas 2 periods to do what we could not accomplish in 4 games- get a 2 goal lead vs Jets at home

Makes our home play all the more frustrating

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I still think Jets will win series, but I’m done making stupid comments about Vegas- I FINALLY GIVE UP!!!:sarcasm:

Can't say what will happen in this series but in this game at least, Vegas looks like the better team. The Jets look like us in this series and that's not a good thing...lol. I think Vegas will win this series as they look better the more they play the Jets while the Jets look worse. I'm starting to think we were just an overrated team and that Vegas is just the better team. Even when we played Vegas in the regular season, they seemed like the better team and we didn't look very good against them either in the regular season. Think it may have been better to lose in the second round cause even if we got past the Jets, think we would have just lost to Vegas anyways. Think we could beat Washington though if we played them. The teams I worried about playing in the playoffs was the Jets, Vegas, and the Penguins.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Can't say what will happen in this series but in this game at least, Vegas looks like the better team. The Jets look like us in this series and that's not a good thing...lol. I think Vegas will win this series as they look better the more they play the Jets while the Jets look worse. I'm starting to think we were just an overrated team and that Vegas is just the better team. Even when we played Vegas in the regular season, they seemed like the better team and we didn't look very good against them either in the regular season. Think it may have been better to lose in the second round cause even if we got past the Jets, think we would have just lost to Vegas anyways. Think we could beat Washington though if we played them.

No offense but it’s never better to lose in 2nd round than WCF

And we were not overrated either- the top two teams in the league played a 7 game series- no matter how disappointed we all are there is no shame in that at all- we basically had to play a SCF in round 2- had we had Vegas draw (as we should have) we’d still be playing and they might be sitting at home

And still a LONG way to go in this series- still think Jets win

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
No offense but it’s never better to lose in 2nd round than WCF

And we were not overrated either- the top two teams in the league played a 7 game series- no matter how disappointed we all are there is no shame in that at all- we basically had to play a SCF in round 2- had we had Vegas draw (as we should have) we’d still be playing and they might be sitting at home

And still a LONG way to go in this series- still think Jets win

No don't think we would have gotten past Vegas but do think it would have been a good series (maybe even another 7 game series type game against them or game 6) but we will never know since we didn't get a chance to play them. But I do agree that you can never count this Jets team. I still remember when we had the three goal lead and they looked dead in the water but came back to beat us. So they can do the same in this game against Vegas if Vegas isn't careful.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Fluery >Rinne. The younger Rinne would have made that kind of play though. Miss the good ole days where Rinne used to stand on his head to keep us in games like that.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Even w/ the Jets push in the third, Vegas was able to hold the lead. Think the size of Vegas players will cause fits for the Jets team as they couldn't just bully or outwork their players. Vegas hits hurt and are really hard on their forcheck and are constantly on the Jets player. Think over time that will wear out this Jets team.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I hate Vegas so f***ing much. I'm not even kidding. I follow all sports and I think they're my most hated team. If the Blackhawks, Ducks or Blues were playing them right now I'd still be rooting for Vegas to get swept. Yes I'm salty.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Vegas 5 on 6 play>>>>>> Preds 5 on 6 play

Vegas barely let them get set up while we looked like the keystone cops

Except for a few games where we played keep a way from the Jets, we looked like we were holding for dear life for the Jets to not score on us whenever they had the puck/were in our end and we had a hard time getting the puck out of our end. Whereas Vegas doesn't look like that except for a few shifts in the third period where the Jets were making a hard push and Fleury had to make some incredible saves. That is why I think this Vegas team can/will beat this Jet's team/win this series. I don't think this Jet's team will go w/o a fight though and think they can take it to game 6 or 7 at least. This Jet's team can't bully or manhandle this Vegas team though like they did us as Vegas has some big and strong guys on their team that are really hard on their forcheck. When I look at their players, all their players look big and strong. Think that will be the biggest difference against this Jet's team.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If Vegas does lose this series it will be because they couldn't score and not because they couldn't stop this Jet's team from scoring. They have big and strong guys/players on their team to out muscle and constantly put pressure on this Jet's team. They just can't let up any though like they did in that first couple minutes in the third period or this Jet's team will score on them as this Jet's team has a knack of scoring on a team's mistakes or when a team lets up any. The best way for this Jet's team to beat this Vegas team will be to use their speed to create havoc and to score in bunches when the Vegas team let's it's guard down like they did at the beginning of the third period and like they did us when we let our guard down and didn't play a full 60 min game/let up during different parts of our game.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Every single player on the ice at the end of the game got a penalty for roughing. If there was any time left in the game it would have been like our game with Winnipeg a few seasons ago with 5 players in each penalty box (except we each had 6 in the box), lol. :laugh:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Think for the off season we really need our guys to hit the weight training and bulk up more as they looked weak and soft this season and were easily outworked, out muscled, or out manhandled especially along the boards. Think that was one of the main reasons we couldn't get the puck out of our end of the ice or defend well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad