Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
All 3 Canadian teams lost last night. Happy to see the Mild lose in OT after peppering Allen with 50+ shots. :laugh: And Playoff Joel Ward showed up as well.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
All 3 Canadian teams lost last night. Happy to see the Mild lose in OT after peppering Allen with 50+ shots. :laugh: And Playoff Joel Ward showed up as well.

I'll take the Wild winning it all before I would be happy with the Blues making it out of round 1. That's how bad I hate St. Louis. They are #1 on my hate list.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'll take the Wild winning it all before I would be happy with the Blues making it out of round 1. That's how bad I hate St. Louis. They are #1 on my hate list.

I hate both of them so I guess I'll be mad and happy during this series because one of them has to lose.

I will say this- that game by Allen last night was one of the great goaltending performances you will ever see- just incredible. Minnesota probably would have had 5 goals with an average goaltending performance.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

When teams go head to head and I feel I have to choose I find out which team I hate more. Was quite pleased with the ultimate outcome of this game...so I know I hate the Wild more. I don't like the Blues, though, don't get me wrong. Chicago, Wild and Dallas just beat them out on my personal hate list.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
When teams go head to head and I feel I have to choose I find out which team I hate more. Was quite pleased with the ultimate outcome of this game...so I know I hate the Wild more. I don't like the Blues, though, don't get me wrong. Chicago, Wild and Dallas just beat them out on my personal hate list.

Blues eliminate the Wild, then we eliminate the Blues. Sounds good to me.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Blues eliminate the Wild, then we eliminate the Blues. Sounds good to me.

Yep- or the other way around would work for me, too.

Bottom line- if we can win two playoff series this year, then the Blues, Wild, and Hawks are all OUT- two of them at our hands.

What a dream season that would be.....

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Same here. The Ducks may be the ultimate #1, but I think it's still the Blues.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Not watchi ng the game. What do you mean by this? Just the fact that the Rags are winning? Or is Weber himself getting victimized? I saw that he was 0 on +/- and had been in a fight

I mean physically. He's playing fine. He's just been body checked to the ice several times.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Out of respect for karma I haven't gone to the Wild board but I can only imagine if we had lost two home playoff games in the manner they have that this board would be an absolute nuclear wasteland.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The Oilers and Sharks is gonna be a tight series. Sharks dominated Game 1, the Oil completely owned them last night. If they wouldn't take that many penalties they probably would've taken Game One, too.

The Ducks are gonna run through the Flames.

The Wild just can't solve Allen. But that series is far from over, the Blues haven't been impressive at all.

The Jackets are probably looking for an early exit. Just can't solve Fleury and every mistake they make ends in the back of their net. The Pens really know how to win, sucks that they don't have Letang.

Habs and Rags is going to be massacre till the end. Game 7 material, the best series so far.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Leafs win in 2OT and even the series 1-1. That was a series I think people that that the caps would win easy and it has gone to OT twice and the Leafs could have been up 2-0. That has been a great series.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Leafs win in 2OT and even the series 1-1. That was a series I think people that that the caps would win easy and it has gone to OT twice and the Leafs could have been up 2-0. That has been a great series.

Now that it is starting to look like we are capable of making a serious run, I am all for all the East favorites going down (or at the very least make it hard on them).

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Sooooooo, he didn't get checked to the ice a few times? Including a big hit just prior to that little clip you posted that caused him to go ballistic? Also, I find it incredibly hilarious that you felt the need to respond to such an innocuous comment, from 2 days ago, on another team's board. Oh Habs fans, never change, it's truly comical.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Sooooooo, he didn't get checked to the ice a few times? Including a big hit just prior to that little clip you posted that caused him to go ballistic? Also, I find it incredibly hilarious that you felt the need to respond to such an innocuous comment, from 2 days ago, on another team's board. Oh Habs fans, never change, it's truly comical.
We would say the same thing

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
We who? Would say what same thing?

Well at least drake and me I guess... but probably a number of others who have watched the habs series - which includes a lot of action including shea getting knocked down and also delivering that beat down -- would say we don't think "lit up" is really an accurate description of events in that series. :dunno:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille