Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Us booing Radulov seemed to light a fire under him and he took that game over. I'm not sure I want to go down that road too often.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm not really into the Radulov booing. Or Vesey.

Suter on the other hand... I don't participate but wouldn't mind if he gets it until the end of his career.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
radulov and vesey - stupid selfish kids that didn't keep their word

suter - fully grown man who openly lied to the team and management and then snuck off in the night to a divisional foe - it's just not even in the same realm, IMHO.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
radulov and vesey - stupid selfish kids that didn't keep their word

suter - fully grown man who openly lied to the team and management and then snuck off in the night to a divisional foe - it's just not even in the same realm, IMHO.

Agree.

But I've stopped booing YKW because his $tupid team seems to rally behind his $orry gluteou$ maximu$ whenever we do. Ulterior motive.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I have stopped booing $uter, not worth my energy. And like Adzy said, his team seems to respond to it to our detriment.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
He still provokes my wrath.

Vesey--just a dumb kid. Radulov WAS a dumb kid and young adult for that matter. Did either of them play in the Stanley Cup Final? No. No they did not. Because they're dumbuh.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I've never booed Suter because I was never a huge fan of his to begin with so when he left I was just like ha what a tool. Didn't really care. Plus, we're now better off with him leaving. It's almost like yelling at him "You suck but thanks for leaving because it helped yeah!!"

Seems to prove nothing IMO. It was 5 damn years ago.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Seems to prove nothing IMO. It was 5 damn years ago.

I still hate Leipold, and consequently Minnesota, and that was 10 years ago. He went THERE. I'm still kind of mad at Zanon and Zidlicky for going there!

Hockey's better with a little hate.

:laugh:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I still hate Leipold, and consequently Minnesota, and that was 10 years ago. He went THERE. I'm still kind of mad at Zanon and Zidlicky for going there!

Hockey's better with a little hate.

:laugh:

**** Leipold, **** Suter, **** Vesey. nuff sed

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Minnesota can still go **** themselves. Between Leipold and Suter from the Preds perspective and Mike Reilly from the Jackets perspective, **** 'em.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The worst part about Minnesota is how provincial they are. Seriously, watch one of their broadcasts and they'll tell you all about which players are from the "State of Hockey", where they played, when they played, why Minnesota is better than everywhere else.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The worst part about Minnesota is how provincial they are. Seriously, watch one of their broadcasts and they'll tell you all about which players are from the "State of Hockey", where they played, when they played, why Minnesota is better than everywhere else.

It's just another reason why everyone enjoys watching them fail. It ain't just us.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
It has become a pattern that one team from the Central just takes it over in the reg. season only to fail in the playoffs: 2013 Colorado, 2014 us, 2015 Dallas, 2016 Minnesota. St Louis and Chicago are obviously always up there. Winnipeg the dark horse this year? Dallas is strong as hell I think they are really close on winning the Central. Am I too far off for thinking that Chicago misses the playoffs? Don't think the Wild are as good as last year. The Blues are the Blues, they're always strong.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I’ve posted on this in other threads, but I really think the Central is going to be fascinating to watch this season. It is going to be a bloodbath.

I really think both Dallas and Winnipeg are going to make big moves up and be two of the most improved teams in the league. And if that happens, something has to give with the other 4 contenders.

Trying to predict an order of finish is almost impossible. You could put the top 6 in any order and it would not surprise me- It would not shock me one bit if Dallas and Winnipeg finish top 3 in the division.

It makes it a little scary from a Preds perspective- there is probably going to be a very fine line between the top of the division and 5th/6th in the division.

EDIT- Below are the Vegas over/under win totals for the Western Conference:

CENTRAL:
Minnesota 46.5
St Louis 44.5
Chicago 44.5
Nashville 44
Dallas 43.5
Winnipeg 41.5
Colorado 29.5

PACIFIC:
Edmonton 47.5
Anaheim 46
San Jose 43.5
Calgary 42.5
LA 40.5
Arizona 33
Vancouver 30.5
VGK 26.5

My first reaction to that is I disagree with a lot of the Central numbers. Definitely do not see Minnesota winning the division. If there is one team on that list I would put some money on and feel good about it would be Winnipeg over 41.5. Also think Calgary is going over their number.

Final thought? Man, the Pacific division is going to be MUCH weaker than the Central.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
BUT because of that weakness the pacific might have 5 teams in the playoffs since they will beat the hell out of the weaker teams.

It is definitely possible, but I still think it will wind up 5 from the Central/3 from the Pacific. I don't see San Jose or LA making it this year.

The big question in the Central is who is going to finish 6th in the division, and therefore, out of the playoffs? A very good team is going to be on the outside looking in..

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Chicago?

Agreed with drw, I don't see SJ or LA making it. Dallas wins the Central, Blues 2nd, Wild 3rd, Preds 4th, Jets 5th.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Chicago?

Agreed with drw, I don't see SJ or LA making it. Dallas wins the Central, Blues 2nd, Wild 3rd, Preds 4th, Jets 5th.

if no injuries occur to our top 4 (long term), you really think we finish 4th? must be like me and have little confidence in rinne. he would have to hover around .912 - .915 SV pct.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
4th or 5th, the team is not as good as last year and we were the 8th seed, and with other teams getting stronger I don't see us finishing in the top-3.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'll be honest, you can take the top 5 teams in the Central and say they win the division and you couldn't really have much argument one over another. Frankly they are all just about equal, each with their own flaws, and the difference will be which flaw shows up the most.

I think the Avs are the only ones that don't have a chance at anything, St. Louis and Minny are in the same boat, as long as they are getting great goaltending and playing solid D they are going to go on some runs ( but fall apart if they aren't). I think Chicago and Dallas basically need to outscore people still, even with Crawford and Bishop. Winnipeg is actually more like us, a bit more balanced but still has some iffy goaltending to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad