Around the NHL VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Cal O'Reilly signed a 2 year (1-way) deal with the Sabres according to what MacKenzie just said. Wonder if this was a pre-requisite for Ryan about to sign for a discounted "at least $7.5M per" contract. :laugh:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Blues have just stayed put this summer. Actually they haven't acquired any players, they have just lost players.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Blues have just stayed put this summer. Actually they haven't acquired any players, they have just lost players.

I was just getting ready to remark on this. I imagine Blues fans are apoplectic... first they resign Hitch as coach after everyone assumed he would be gone, and now they have acquired exactly nobody.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I was just getting ready to remark on this. I imagine Blues fans are apoplectic... first they resign Hitch as coach after everyone assumed he would be gone, and now they have acquired exactly nobody.

It is day 1 of Free Agency. They are right where we were last year. We didn't sign anyone until day 2 if I remember correctly.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You folks know that the Blues trade is a pure cap thing. There not going to jeapordize losing Tarasenko. Movin Oshi out they now have about 17 mil in cap space and need to sign 6 players including a goalie. Elliott played 40 games last year and only playoff game. Tarasenko will take a big bite maybe too big. And next year Schwartz, Backes, Gunnarsson will all be getting raises.

So many people here just are not realistic about the cap. Its not a one year thing. Poile is actually doing a pretty good job controlling this. It could all fall apart with one bad signing. Salaries league wide need to settle or this will become a yearly thing for teams trying to compete for a championship This is not baseball basketball or football where the cap increases pretty dramatically. The NFL cap went up 10 mil this season alone. In the best years NHL goes up what 3 mil??????

FEARoN

Apr 20, 2015
Kentucky
Boys keep your cell phones charged. You never know when STL is going to call looking to lock up a solid locker room guy. They're clearly not looking for talent at the moment. I'm going to order Rosseta Stone for Russian so I can talk Terasenko off the ledge next year if they decide to take a flyer on me.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
You folks know that the Blues trade is a pure cap thing. There not going to jeapordize losing Tarasenko. Movin Oshi out they now have about 17 mil in cap space and need to sign 6 players including a goalie. Elliott played 40 games last year and only playoff game. Tarasenko will take a big bite maybe too big. And next year Schwartz, Backes, Gunnarsson will all be getting raises.

So many people here just are not realistic about the cap. Its not a one year thing. Poile is actually doing a pretty good job controlling this. It could all fall apart with one bad signing. Salaries league wide need to settle or this will become a yearly thing for teams trying to compete for a championship This is not baseball basketball or football where the cap increases pretty dramatically. The NFL cap went up 10 mil this season alone. In the best years NHL goes up what 3 mil??????

Which makes me wonder about the Saad trade in Chicago. They re-signed Anisimov for about $4.5 million per season. Saad may have gotten that much as a RFA but I just don't get that deal. I know they're in trouble cap wise but moving Saad and soon to be Sharp doesn't make sense if they got Anisimov and whatever else they're getting in the Sharp deal. Cap space I get, you still have to get value and bang for the buck, I would've kept Saad if I were them.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
yeah, really cant complain that the division has run away and improved on us this summer... I usually dont go this far this early but its gonna be pretty disappointing if we dont win the division next year

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Glenn I have a feeling that its all about Sharps contract, there are very few teams that will be willing to take that 5.9 cap hit for two years. Those at the top of the food chain have there own cap issues those at the bottom are not going to be competitive for a cup run where Sharp would be an asset. You also have teams out there that know the trouble cap wise the Hawks are in and do not wish to help alleviate that. All the folks pointing and laughing at the Blues for the poor return on Oshie will be doing backflips if the Hawks can't trade Sharp and have to put him on waivers to get under the cap. Or worse put him n waivers and no one picks im up and they are forced to buy the guy out. Realistically there will be only a few teams that would take that cap hit on will they is the question. In the last 24 hours the only interest I have seen in Sharp is from the Flyers who have been known to make ignorant moves but with Hextall I doubt it he only has 4 mil in cap and would have to clear more room. And even doing so it is not a given that Sharp would take them a big step forward. So who knows but I like seeing the Hawks squirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad