Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Playoff opponent tracker:

Ducks 99 pts 3 games remaining
Kings 99 pts 2 games remaining
(Kings have ROW tiebreaker)

they play each other Thursday night. Winner likely gets us, especially if its the Ducks. Kings have the tiebreaker. Ducks have a game in hand so a loss wouldn't necessarily cost them the division but they would have to win BTB Saturday and Sunday.

interesting that both games postponed by weather earlier this year could have significant playoff implications

also curious as to whether LA or ANA have a preference for playing us or the Sharks?

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Everybody wants to play us because we suck and are gonna be one and done, and will only be good if our 1-4 lines catch fire at the same time and Rinne stands on his head cause our D is just not good at all.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Playoff opponent tracker:

Ducks 99 pts 3 games remaining
Kings 99 pts 2 games remaining
(Kings have ROW tiebreaker)

they play each other Thursday night. Winner likely gets us, especially if its the Ducks. Ducks have the tiebreaker and a game in hand so a loss wouldn't necessarily cost them the division but they would have to win BTB Saturday and Sunday.

interesting that both games postponed by weather earlier this year could have significant playoff implications

also curious as to whether LA or ANA have a preference for playing us or the Sharks?

Kings have the tiebreaker

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
When we traded Hornqvist, there were a lot of fans here talking about him being a 70-80 point player in Pittsburgh, that didn't happen, in fact his last full season with Nashville remains the highest point for a season in his career. He's the same player there, he was here.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
When we traded Hornqvist, there were a lot of fans here talking about him being a 70-80 point player in Pittsburgh, that didn't happen, in fact his last full season with Nashville remains the highest point for a season in his career. He's the same player there, he was here.

To be fair...

He missed a significant amount of time last year (64gp) and was only two points behind his career high.

He has been moved around the lineup between Crosby and Gino (two very different centers) and I think he even was fourth line for a little bit last year.

Hornqvist is a great player, but I do think he misses a guy like Weber who can pound the puck. Letang is more like Josi and I think Hornqvist misses that cannon on the point for his goals.

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
But we both know that he could have played those 18 games and gotten no points. He's as streaky as anyone.

Still, even if he had play those games, he's not a 80 points player or anything close to it.

Getting Neal for Hornqvist was a great deal and I like Hornqvist.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
But we both know that he could have played those 18 games and gotten no points. He's as streaky as anyone.

Still, even if he had play those games, he's not a 80 points player or anything close to it.

Getting Neal for Hornqvist was a great deal and I like Hornqvist.

Oh no disagreement there! We won that trade hands down, but I don't think Hornqvist has had his best season with Pittsburgh yet.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I was wondering if I could get your guys' opinion on something. Trotz has done really well in Washington this year, however at the end of his tenure in Nashville, it looked as if the team was starting to tune him out, and Laviolette managed to give a massive spark to the club in his first season after Trotz contract was not renewed.

There's a large divide on the Coyotes' board, between people (such as myself), who want to see Dave Tippett fired, despite being a very good coach, in order to get a new voice in the room, which would hopefully spark the team, and people who want to see Tippett stay.

My question is, do you Nashville fans regret letting Trotz walk due to his massive success this year? Or do you feel that the Predators would still be stagnating, if Trotz was still coaching in Nashville and that a change of scenery was necessary for both parties?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I was wondering if I could get your guys' opinion on something. Trotz has done really well in Washington this year, however at the end of his tenure in Nashville, it looked as if the team was starting to tune him out, and Laviolette managed to give a massive spark to the club in his first season after Trotz contract was not renewed.

There's a large divide on the Coyotes' board, between people (such as myself), who want to see Dave Tippett fired, despite being a very good coach, in order to get a new voice in the room, which would hopefully spark the team, and people who want to see Tippett stay.

My question is, do you Nashville fans regret letting Trotz walk due to his massive success this year? Or do you feel that the Predators would still be stagnating, if Trotz was still coaching in Nashville and that a change of scenery was necessary for both parties?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my answer to whether we regret it is absolutely not. Trotz is a great, great coach, and if he had our current roster he would succeed here big time. But it was time for a change.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I don't regret it, and by no means does that mean I don't like him. Everyone here liked Trotz in some capacity or another (even casual sports fans in town liked Trotz) but I believe change was absolutely necessary. I can't speak for how the players felt, but it was obvious that there was a need for a new voice. I think the vast majority of Preds fans enjoy seeing Washington's success this season.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my answer to whether we regret it is absolutely not. Trotz is a great, great coach, and if he had our current roster he would succeed here big time. But it was time for a change.

Touché.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com

Trots is the man, they ought to rename Broadway in his honor. However, it just really seemed like he took us as far as he could and a change had to be made. He probably could have helped this franchise ride the glory side of upper mediocrity forever but that's just not the point of pro sports. We got the best possible scenario, it has really worked out for both parties so far. Also, that trotz is a good man. At the end of the day, no regrets

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Those number will change dramatically after tonight's LA/Ana game. An Anaheim win in regulation would all but guarantee we play the ducks.

I hate the fact that I can't decide who I'd rather us face. I don't know who to pull for tonight..........

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
What a night of hockey tonight. In addition to the Preds/Yotes, a ton of big games:

Islanders/Rangers
Red Wings/Bruins
Pens/Caps
Blues/Hawks
Ducks/Kings

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
I caught some of the nucks-oilers game last night and was shocked. The Canucks suck and I mean, they SUUUUUCK.

That second period by them was one of the worst I've seen. What in the world happened to them?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
St. Louis ties it up late and sets Chicago in 3rd place.

Blues still need our help to win the division... And for that reason alone I wouldn't mind losing Saturday... would rather see the Blues and Hawks beat each other up in round 1. Would rather get that result by us beating Dallas and the Blues losing to the Caps, though

edit: didn't see the new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad