Series Talk: Around the NHL: Tampa Bay Finally Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not sure it's possible for me to care any less about the remaining teams tbh. :laugh: It's not even that I dislike them, I don't even have that strong of an opinion.

I guess Tkachuk's cool, so is Barkov. Dallas has some fun, younger guys. Carolina's meh, same with Vegas.

Florida v. Dallas, I guess. Florida winning, just because they haven't yet, and it'd be funny to think about the arena having like 800 people in it a few years ago to potentially winning a Cup. :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I love how Dallas finds Robertson and Wyatt Johnston in the second and late first rounds respectively and the Pens find Teddy Blueger and Sam Poulin…difference right there in being a team who can make the Cup and one who’s golfing…

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I love how Dallas finds Robertson and Wyatt Johnston in the second and late first rounds respectively and the Pens find Teddy Blueger and Sam Poulin…difference right there in being a team who can make the Cup and one who’s golfing…
Drafting is a crapshoot though. We got Jake and Letang and what did Dallas get?

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
As much as I want to agree, the scouting team hasn't done that bad when you consider the past few years and the lack of picks we have had since the 87-71 era

I think it's more the player development and following the kids that could be an issue and making sure they continue to develop fine rather then trading them away.

Rust and Guentzel were 3rd round picks. Jarry, Gustavsson, Sprong, Addison were all solid 2nd round picks, we just moved them way too early and didn't really give them a fair shot. Those are very good picks when you consider all things and they're pretty much also all late 2nd rounders

It is a crapshoot but also about patience and development. I don't feel like checking but I do believe they drafted Benn in the 5th round or something like that

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We got them in 2005 and 2013 lol…what have we done the last decade of drafting that wasn’t under Ray Shero?

As much as I want to agree, the scouting team hasn't done that bad when you consider the past few years and the lak of picks we have had since the 87-71 era

I think it's more the player development and following the kids that could be an issue and making sure they continue to develop fine rather then trading them away.

Rust and Guentzel were 3rd round picks. Jarry, Gustavsson, Sprong, Addison were all solid 2nd round picks, we just moved them way too early and didn't really give them a fair shot. Those are very good picks when you consider all things and they're pretty much also all late 2nd rounders

It is a crapshoot but also about patience and development. I don't feel like checking but I do believe they drafted Benn in the 5th round or something like that
Gus may turn into something and Jarry is ok, but our selecting of skaters in the draft since 2013 has been terrible…Addison has been a healthy scratch and Sprong has to have minutes limited because he never developed…he always had a great shot…none of the skaters we selected in the last decade are anywhere close to Robertson and Johnston

Reactions: 66-30-33

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
We got them in 2005 and 2013 lol…what have we done the last decade of drafting that wasn’t under Ray Shero?

Gus may turn into something and Jarry is ok, but our selecting of skaters in the draft since 2013 has been terrible…Addison has been a healthy scratch and Sprong has to have minutes limited because he never developed…he always had a great shot…none of the skaters we selected in the last decade are anywhere close to Robertson and Johnston
Dallas is probably the best drafting team going right now so if you compare just about any team to them they’re going to look bad.

However, they also put young guys in large roles. Who knows what a guy like Puustinen would do if given a few games of top 6 time in the NHL. Sullivan literally said they base their call ups on the mindset that all bottom 6 forwards have to be able to PK. You’re not going to foster an environment for skill players to develop with that kind of system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese