Series Talk: Around the NHL: Ploff hockey edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Fireable offense right there. Evason was straight up crying after Game 5 as well. He had a funny quote like, "We don't want to whine but..." then proceeded to whine about the reffing for 2 minutes. I'd be pissed if I was a Wild fan. Though Oettinger also got stupid hot these past few games.
Oettinger was absolutely magnificent last year in the playoffs too.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Not that the series is over, obviously Bruins can still win it. But the fact FLA has a great chance to win, reminds me of what Tyler Kennedy has been saying for a few weeks now. And "don't be surprised at all if Boston get upset. I can easily see it happening. When you are favored so heavily, all the pressure is on you, and there is absolutely none on the other team. They are playing loose. And then all of sudden, they start scoring goals, and they start to say, 'hey we can do this'. And now as the favorite, your griping your stick really hard now. And your feeling it. It happened to us vs the Islanders. So don't think Boston is a slam dunk."

Referencing the '12-'13 series, we were 1st in the East and Isles, 8th. And they beat us.
No they didn't

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
where are all The Jim Montgomery Fanbois at, you know the ones who said Pens should fire Sullivan because look at The Bruins Montgomery you can always find Good HC's

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pastrnak with a sick goal on the powerplay (the 2-2 tying goal).... very beautiful. silky smooth hands to pull that off.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Boston looked a mess. Florida looked a mess.... goals goals goals galore... Florida got the last one. Almost blew it missing the empty net, but got a home team bounce for the empty net goal.
Good series at least. Islanders Canes was good nap juice.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
where are all The Jim Montgomery Fanbois at, you know the ones who said Pens should fire Sullivan because look at The Bruins Montgomery you can always find Good HC's
It's funny to go to the Bruins board and watch them say the same exact thing that everyone cries about Sully for.

I do think Sullly should be fired to be clear but 90% of these guys do the same shit

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
It's funny to go to the Bruins board and watch them say the same exact thing that everyone cries about Sully for.

I do think Sullly should be fired to be clear but 90% of these guys do the same shit
Holy Shit ! NUH UH ! 75% or more of this board thinks That anybody but Sullivan they would be a serious SC contender

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Oettinger didn’t get stupid hot, he’s stupid good. He’s going to be the best goalie of his generation. Better than Igor and Sorokin.
Dallas are a ridiculously complete team. Crazy how they did that at the tail-end of the Benn and Seguin contracts. Props to them.

I'm thinking we might see a 2000 SCF rematch.

Pastrnak with a sick goal on the powerplay (the 2-2 tying goal).... very beautiful. silky smooth hands to pull that off.
Best goal of the year, regular season included imo

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Best goal of the year, regular season included imo
Saw it real-time... thought it was a deflection... pretty sure even the Florida broadcast said it was a deflection.... then on slow-mo... not only did he receive the pass, but directed it between his legs, move his stick between his legs and roof it corner spot in a micro second... cool and composed like nothing.... get out of here! incredible!
🤯

Reactions: Zbynek and Andy99

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Ullmark wasn't the Ullmark of the regular season but if I were a Bruins fans I would be more concerned by my team being outchanced 15 to 4 at 5 on 5 and handing out giveways like they are going out of style. I suspect that not having played any hockey with pressure to win in months before the start of the series is also having an effect on the Bruins. If Bobrovsky eliminates another record breaking team in 4 years this will be quite the story.

Islanders... live by Sorokin, die by Sorokin. Even this injury plagued Canes is better than them. I think I heard Horvat's name once in game 6.

Pastrnak's goal was amazing but Hintz also had a beauty.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Saw it real-time... thought it was a deflection... pretty sure even the Florida broadcast said it was a deflection.... then on slow-mo... not only did he receive the pass, but directed it between his legs, move his stick between his legs and roof it corner spot in a micro second... cool and composed like nothing.... get out of here! incredible!
🤯
The goal alone was already dirty, but the fact he roofs it top shelf where Grandma keeps the cookies...insane

Reactions: LOGiK

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Ullmark wasn't the Ullmark of the regular season but if I were a Bruins fans I would be more concerned by my team being outchanced 15 to 4 at 5 on 5 and handing out giveways like they are going out of style. I suspect that not having played any hockey with pressure to win in months before the start of the series is also having an effect on the Bruins. If Bobrovsky eliminates another record breaking team in 4 years this will be quite the story.

Islanders... live by Sorokin, die by Sorokin. Even this injury plagued Canes is better than them. I think I heard Horvat's name once in game 6.

Pastrnak's goal was amazing but Hintz also had a beauty.
Can definitely tell Florida has been playing with desperation for a while. Meanwhile Boston got Bergeron injured the last week of the season trying to chase a meaningless record.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
terrible turnover leads to a Rangers PP and they score late. Now they have a PP to start the 2nd. Meltdown in the last minute for NJ

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad