Series Talk: Around the NHL: Ploff hockey edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Not that the series is over, obviously Bruins can still win it. But the fact FLA has a great chance to win, reminds me of what Tyler Kennedy has been saying for a few weeks now. And "don't be surprised at all if Boston get upset. I can easily see it happening. When you are favored so heavily, all the pressure is on you, and there is absolutely none on the other team. They are playing loose. And then all of sudden, they start scoring goals, and they start to say, 'hey we can do this'. And now as the favorite, your griping your stick really hard now. And your feeling it. It happened Ito Pens vs the Islanders. So don't think Boston is a slam dunk."

EDIT: screwed up that year in first post

was '93 series, Pens vs Isles

Last edited:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Not that the series is over, obviously Bruins can still win it. But the fact FLA has a great chance to win, reminds me of what Tyler Kennedy has been saying for a few weeks now. And "don't be surprised at all if Boston get upset. I can easily see it happening. When you are favored so heavily, all the pressure is on you, and there is absolutely none on the other team. They are playing loose. And then all of sudden, they start scoring goals, and they start to say, 'hey we can do this'. And now as the favorite, your griping your stick really hard now. And your feeling it. It happened to us vs the Islanders. So don't think Boston is a slam dunk."

Referencing the '12-'13 series, we were 1st in the East and Isles, 8th. And they beat us.
Have to think a few guys on their D are playing hurt though. And I can't tell if Bergeron is hurting or helping them.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Not that the series is over, obviously Bruins can still win it. But the fact FLA has a great chance to win, reminds me of what Tyler Kennedy has been saying for a few weeks now. And "don't be surprised at all if Boston get upset. I can easily see it happening. When you are favored so heavily, all the pressure is on you, and there is absolutely none on the other team. They are playing loose. And then all of sudden, they start scoring goals, and they start to say, 'hey we can do this'. And now as the favorite, your griping your stick really hard now. And your feeling it. It happened to us vs the Islanders. So don't think Boston is a slam dunk."

Referencing the '12-'13 series, we were 1st in the East and Isles, 8th. And they beat us.
Wait, what?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I feel bad for their fans. They are stuck in purgatory. The GM's don't commit to a proper rebuild.
Next 2 years with 14.7M in dead cap.
I don’t feel bad …they’re in way better shape than the Pens….and yes, I know we won a couple Cups many moons ago…

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don’t feel bad …they’re in way better shape than the Pens….and yes, I know we won a couple Cups many moons ago…
Shape to do what?
Gustavsson's RFA after making 787K this year. Incoming payday.
Subtract 6.1M on the Boldy extension kicking in.
Their dead cap grows by 2M.

Nah they're not winning anything these next few years. They can't even beat the Stars now. It's only gonna get worse.
Wouldn't be surprised if they missed next year. Highly doubtful Gustavsson and Fleury will be this good again.

Last edited:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Does anyone think the Pens could have pushed the Bruins to 7 games, especially if they went down 3-1 in the series?
No. I think the skaters might have outperformed expectations like last year but I don't trust Jarry in critical moments anymore.
When he first came over I thought his "casual Jarrs" persona would have made him have ice veins in those situations, like Price. I was hopeful. Turns out he's the opposite.

Reactions: Andy99

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
It's funny how Minnesota destroyed their season to give Smiley McPokeCheck a vanity start in game 2
Fireable offense right there. Evason was straight up crying after Game 5 as well. He had a funny quote like, "We don't want to whine but..." then proceeded to whine about the reffing for 2 minutes. I'd be pissed if I was a Wild fan. Though Oettinger also got stupid hot these past few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad