Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Not even a great game from Mathews but there he is with 1G 2A - great hands, smarts and he's big.

We need Nylander and Mittelstadt to become quality players to keep pace.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Pens can thank Brayden Schenn for tying this game up. I mean, you're already killing a penalty and you think THROWING the puck the length of the ice is a good idea? :shakehead

Reactions: ZZamboni

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The jets looked good in the beginning, before having to defend. Their defense was worse than our tank-jobs in 2014/2015.

Should be fixable.

Toronto has a very promising group of defenders now. Borgman continues his championship form from last year. Quite depressing.

My only question: Will Buff throw Masons tracksuit in the shower?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The jets looked good in the beginning, before having to defend. Their defense was worse than our tank-jobs in 2014/2015.

Should be fixable.

Toronto has a very promising group of defenders now. Borgman continues his championship form from last year. Quite depressing.

My only question: Will Buff throw Masons tracksuit in the shower?

It's not like they don't have talent. I mean, when we were tanking, we were playing Andrej Meszaros. Their lineup tonight was Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba, Enstrom, Morrissey, and Kulikov. That's a solid unit...but Paul Maurice is just absolutely awful.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It's not like they don't have talent. I mean, when we were tanking, we were playing Andrej Meszaros. Their lineup tonight was Myers, Byfuglien, Trouba, Enstrom, Morrissey, and Kulikov. That's a solid unit...but Paul Maurice is just absolutely awful.

Didn't watch much of the game. But Mike Kelly on twitter was saying the biggest difference in the game was the Leafs doing a good job getting to the slot. The Jets did not.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
3 pts for matthews, hat trick for mcdavid

Hopefully jack gives us something to cheer for tomorrow night

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He was only able to initially push the puck like that because his stick is the correct length. Eichel would have gotten his stick stuck in his net trying to do that.

Reactions: wunderpanda

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The speed is more evident in ice level video and when he's coming towards you as if you were a defenseman/goaltender

Also notice from the blue line of his own zone to the face off dot every stride is a linear cross over. I'm not sure any other player does that, you do see a lot of it in Mittelstadt.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
WPG's defense in that game were awful. Two guys attacking the puck carrier, leaving the other guy wide open over and over. Unguarded guys along the side of the net all night. I get that Toronto is good at coaching their guys to pick and get there, but the defense should've been better than that. Their offense had chances, they just couldn't bury.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
What a play by McDavid. He saw open ice down the wing and dared someone to catch him! McDavid even went around the defender like he was playing NHL on Rookie Mode.

McDavid with a hatty
Matthews 3 pts

Time for Jack to show everyone why he got $80m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad