Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The
Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms on a $42-million, seven-year contract extension with forward Nikolaj Ehlers on Wednesday.

The extension begins a year from now and carries an average annual value of $6 million, the Jets said in a release.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
what are folks watching tonight?

"Lucked" into the 12th pick in my fantasy draft and took malkin. Snagged parayko later on as most the guys I draft with are sabres or leafs fans so they don't know enough of him yet. For those reasons I'll likely glean towards that game but I have a feeling I'll sneak several peaks at the leafs game too.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The Jets are infuriating. Why did they give Maurice an extension?

No idea, but part of the reason is undoubtably Cheveldayoff, who despite some solid drafting over the years just can't get the team to the next level. And he stays with Maurice for some unknown reason.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Winnipeg gifting Toronto a good start of the season. Mason is terrible. Kulikov is still looking like Kulikov btw, useless.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Winnipeg gifting Toronto a good start of the season. Mason is terrible. Kulikov is still looking like Kulikov btw, useless.

Haven't watched but that was my question. Is Winnepeg really that bad? They really remind me of the Sabres before they got rid of Bylsma... coaching is the issue.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Haven't watched but that was my question. Is Winnepeg really that bad? They really remind me of the Sabres before they got rid of Bylsma... coaching is the issue.
WPG PP is 0/7, probably soon to be 0/8, and had some early chances before the Leafs scored one and then comically continued to show them how to finish.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Everybody seems to love their talent level/prospect potential, but almost every time I see the Jets play, they seem like a lackluster mess. The refusal to get league average goaltending probably has something to do with it. I think their special teams have been pretty mediocre as well (over last couple years).

Honestly seems like a combination of management and coaching, they also have seemed to be happy to be a sub-cap team with their own internal cap so I'm not sure there's a massive push from ownership to change anything as long as people keep showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad