Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more clamor for Phil as a "must have" for Botterill or did I turn GR off in time to not be bombarded with that? Everything about his rep - from prior to his draft, to his terrible draft interviews, to being run off from both Boston and Toronto - screams "stay the **** away"... but previous concerns don't seem to stop people from pining over Domi or Skinner endlessly. Heh. Odd.
I’d be for it but not as a player I’d have long term interest in, so the cost would need to reflect that.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Never thought I'd read a description like that for Phil Kessel. :laugh:

Really?

DYWuU0JUQAAourm.jpg

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
In the games I've watched, the Caps are damn near suffocating in their own end. Their scheme has seemed to adjust in each series dependent on their opponent. They were possession monsters against the Pens, but played more of a counterattack against Tampa. Honestly, they've played very similar hockey to Vegas, so it will be interesting to see how each team will react. Pretty excited for this match up, and while I would have laughed at the thought of the Caps being Vegas' toughest opponent at the beginning of the post season, I can definitely agree with that sentiment now. It will come down to goaltending and who is hungrier.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
That's the way to fix the draft. If you finish last, you get the choice between 1st overall or getting an expansion draft but everyone on the team gets to be a FA.
Trade everyone for a draft pick and then choose expansion draft.

Ya I’m no fun at parties either.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more clamor for Phil as a "must have" for Botterill or did I turn GR off in time to not be bombarded with that? Everything about his rep - from prior to his draft, to his terrible draft interviews, to being run off from both Boston and Toronto - screams "stay the **** away"... but previous concerns don't seem to stop people from pining over Domi or Skinner endlessly. Heh. Odd.
I'm not sure people fully believe the rumors. These rumblings have been around since Tocchet went to the Yotes - he was apparently the Hot Dog Whisperer - and were quashed pretty quickly by Pens fans as TBN-style clickbait.

If there's fire, I legitimately don't get what Pittsburgh is doing. They have one flameout because they didn't have the 1B goaltending or high-end defensive role player performances that helped win Cups, and they come for Kessel? It took them how many years to get that production around Sid and Malkin after Hossa slipped away? Do they think that highly of Sprong? I wonder if Phil doesn't want to carry a third line and Malkin hates playing with him, because that's pretty much the only thing that makes sense here.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not sure people fully believe the rumors. These rumblings have been around since Tocchet went to the Yotes - he was apparently the Hot Dog Whisperer - and were quashed pretty quickly by Pens fans as TBN-style clickbait.

If there's fire, I legitimately don't get what Pittsburgh is doing. They have one flameout because they didn't have the 1B goaltending or high-end defensive role player performances that helped win Cups, and they come for Kessel? It took them how many years to get that production around Sid and Malkin after Hossa slipped away? Do they think that highly of Sprong? I wonder if Phil doesn't want to carry a third line and Malkin hates playing with him, because that's pretty much the only thing that makes sense here.

Which then opens up the question of is Kessel going for some of the usual suspects in Arizona to reunite him with Tocchet? I don't know if the Pens would be persuaded into a Domi-centered package but maybe that's where Phil can have another fresh start.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Which then opens up the question of is Kessel going for some of the usual suspects in Arizona to reunite him with Tocchet? I don't know if the Pens would be persuaded into a Domi-centered package but maybe that's where Phil can have another fresh start.
Should be a decent cap savings too, even if PIT wanted to go long on term with Domi.

Moving Kessel and Hagelin (to PIT or someone else), while keeping Rust and Sheary, and bringing back Domi would go along way to sustaining PIT the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad