Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I love how freaking hard it is to win the Cup. Tampa is an excellent team, went out and made the trade for McDonaugh, and came up short in a Game 7 against a team that's not any deeper or more talented then them but whatever, Washington got the early goal and then played claustrophobic defense and the Lightning just lost their will it seemed.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Well the two teams Ive been rooting for outside Buffalo all year long are playing each other in the final. Cant say Im not happy today :) Good luck knights, good luck caps...it will be so much fun.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Who’s gonna pay Carlson...going to be very interesting. He’s earning himself a big contract this playoffs
The Caps finally scared off the boogey man. If they were a 2nd round exit I could see him being frustrated and leaving for the money and change of scenery. Now that they’re in the finals, finally? He may take the discount while the taste of the cup is still fresh.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Caps gonna Cap.... wait, nope they didn't. Them finally reaching a final only to lose to an expansion team would just be too cruel right???

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Somebody was saying the video game addict that won't make the NHL because of it was Olli Juolevi, but Marek has since said it's not him so I'm guessing the dude deleted the tweet.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
With the Sabres coming out and denying they offered Gulutzan a deal. Gotta wonder if once again we were used as leverage and we tried to dispel the interest.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
With the Sabres coming out and denying they offered Gulutzan a deal. Gotta wonder if once again we were used as leverage and we tried to dispel the interest.
I don’t think anyone with a resume is coming here to work for the bad and inexperienced coach without assurances they get first dibs at his job.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

“The most interesting conversation I ever had about Kessel was he doesn’t miss games, he plays; and I think in this league that’s worth a lot of credit because it’s very hard to do. And he’s a physical freak. The Maple Leafs who used to work out with him say that there would be days that he’d be sitting there and reading a magazine and they’d say, ‘Okay Phil, are you going to lift,’ and he’s like, ‘Okay, you want me to lift?’ and then he’d go outlift everybody and go back and pick up the magazine, and everybody would laugh because he’s so physically gifted.

Never thought I'd read a description like that for Phil Kessel. :laugh:

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more clamor for Phil as a "must have" for Botterill or did I turn GR off in time to not be bombarded with that? Everything about his rep - from prior to his draft, to his terrible draft interviews, to being run off from both Boston and Toronto - screams "stay the f*** away"... but previous concerns don't seem to stop people from pining over Domi or Skinner endlessly. Heh. Odd.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more clamor for Phil as a "must have" for Botterill or did I turn GR off in time to not be bombarded with that? Everything about his rep - from prior to his draft, to his terrible draft interviews, to being run off from both Boston and Toronto - screams "stay the **** away"... but previous concerns don't seem to stop people from pining over Domi or Skinner endlessly. Heh. Odd.

Depending on what contracts we can unload, and depending on how Jason and Housley are building the team, I would be open to taking him. Would make him our best goal scorer on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad