Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If they want to keep Carlson, they're going to have to shift money around and lose some contracts. Burakovsky is probably one of the more replaceable players they have that would actually make a dent in their cap, assuming that they don't have buyers for Orpik or Orlov.

True, true. My thought was it might make the Caps ask a bit stronger given the recency of his heroics. Orpik seems like the guy to move, Orlov gives them so much from the blueline.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Remember 5-6 years ago when we would toss around how much the Caps needed a goalie and Caps fans said they were good and had this kid coming up who could be good enough? Seems Holtby's been more than just good enough again.
That was a great save on that weird ass deflection. Great trap under the pad, and twisting them so if it made it through his pads, it would go wide.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Good game so far. The Broncos have had a couple of "how did that not go in" scrambles in front.
I tuned in and caught a replay of that ridiculous scramble in front that saw the puck banged off the post. Goaltender was nowhere to be found, thankfully he had a defender beside him to stop the rebound. Couldn't quite make out who it was that made the save. Regina seems to be carrying the play from what I can tell.

Reactions: Chainshot

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Dd7drDrU8AA92go.jpg:small

Reactions: oldgoalie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I tuned in and caught a replay of that ridiculous scramble in front that saw the puck banged off the post. Goaltender was nowhere to be found, thankfully he had a defender beside him to stop the rebound. Couldn't quite make out who it was that made the save. Regina seems to be carrying the play from what I can tell.

They've had a couple of surges like that. Skinner hasn't had to stand on his head like he did against Hamilton - at least not yet.

Reactions: Slangston

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Honestly Hedman looked terrible all series. I am happy Dahlin is the height he is. There was many times this series where the Caps speed caught Hedman flat footed. Vegas would have exposed Tampas defense even more. They do not have strong skating dman like the Caps and Knights do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->