Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If the league has the ability to raise the cap, I'd assume they will. Chicago is just too big of a market to fail, and also, Bettman loves us. :)

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If the league has the ability to raise the cap, I'd assume they will. Chicago is just too big of a market to fail, and also, Bettman loves us. :)

This is alot like a too big to fail bank situation :laugh:. Have a financial problem? Go to the governing body and they'll fix it for you.

Wow, being a Hawks fan I finally get to know what being a Goldman Sachs employee is like.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This is alot like a too big to fail bank situation :laugh:. Have a financial problem? Go to the governing body and they'll fix it for you.

Wow, being a Hawks fan I finally get to know what being a Goldman Sachs employee is like.

Ah, good. I wasn't sure if people would understand what I was getting at with the comment (I could've phrased it a bit better).

But yeah, with how much ratings/revenue the Hawks produce, the league might be better off (financially) raising the cap a little for us. We're just too big to fail! :yo:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
$200m cap. The cap will basically be nonexistent. And with the Hawks being one of the biggest and most exciting teams in the league, every free agent worth a damn will sign with us.

We'll be unstoppable!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Game just started, and Edmonton's already scored on Toronto.

How great will it be if one of the bubble teams that just barely misses the playoffs wins the McDavid lottery?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Depends on the bubble team. Ottawa or Florida? That's okay.

Winnipeg, Colorado, Dallas, or San Jose? NO! This conference is hard enough without McDavid.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm pulling for Carolina or Columbus, though if Calgary ends up just missing the playoffs it would be the greatest thing if the Flames could land him.

Nothingman*

I would like Calgary getting him. The ultimate middle finger to the Oil.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
3v3 almost never happens in an NHL game. It's pretty much just as gimmicky as a Shootout.

For the life of me I don't understand the misunderstanding of how the NHL handles overtime. They're trying to draw viewers. Ties are boring to the casual fan and it also tires out the players over an 82 game season.

Shootouts give the viewers something a little more interesting/entertaining while not exhausting the players over a course of an 82 game season
Teams going back and forth trying to score a goal on a penalty shot never happens in an NHL game. When's the last time you saw 6 back to back penalty shots?

With 3 on 3, at least they are still playing a game that involves the rules, and involves a TEAM playing to score, not individuals.

The shootout blows, and should not be deciding games or deciding who makes the playoffs or not.

Nothingman*

3x3 is still gimmicky. They don't play 3x3 for three periods. On occasion they have 4x4 and penalty shots. I see what you mean by playing and all but it still doesn't solve mush more than a shootout.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Teams going back and forth trying to score a goal on a penalty shot never happens in an NHL game. When's the last time you saw 6 back to back penalty shots?

With 3 on 3, at least they are still playing a game that involves the rules, and involves a TEAM playing to score, not individuals.

The shootout blows, and should not be deciding games or deciding who makes the playoffs or not.

Both are gimmicky, sure, but 3 on 3 is clearly superior since they still play as teams.

Also, it's incredible to watch! They're trying to make a better TV product here.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
3x3 is still gimmicky. They don't play 3x3 for three periods. On occasion they have 4x4 and penalty shots. I see what you mean by playing and all but it still doesn't solve mush more than a shootout.

It helps solve the issue that is the shootout. Anything that involves less shootouts is a better option than what they have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad