Around the NHL (Part XVII) - RIP Steve Montador

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So the Chicago Wolves add to their Ex-Blackhawk collection by picking up Adam Burish for some reason.

Nothingman*

Who else could Minny get that was available? That is the big problem. There are no options.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Kings down 5-1 to the Devils after 2. They're barely hanging on to a playoff spot. And we're complaining because we are second place in our division to the NHL's best right now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kings down 5-1 to the Devils after 2. They're barely hanging on to a playoff spot. And we're complaining because we are second place in our division to the NHL's best right now.

The current iteration of the Kings is the only team I can think of that has reliably demonstrated the ability to 'flip the switch' come playoff time.

They may only barely sneak into the playoffs in the 8th seed. Hell, they may even back in with some help from another team as the Hawks did in 2011.

They would still be a worrisome 1st round opponent for whoever was unlucky enough to draw them.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I agree. My point was that things aren't as bad as many make it out to be around here. Actually, we should be quite happy with where we are right now. It's just unfortunate that the Preds forgot how to lose.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I agree. My point was that things aren't as bad as many make it out to be around here. Actually, we should be quite happy with where we are right now. It's just unfortunate that the Preds forgot how to lose.

I think most of us can see the big picture, and know we're just fine where we are. Winning the division doesn't matter.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I think most of us can see the big picture, and know we're just fine where we are. Winning the division doesn't matter.

Yeah.

I think most of the concerns people are voicing are about the process, and the quality of hockey being played. There's no real sense that they need that division win to succeed... though it wouldn't hurt. :D

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
What goalie do you go after? There aren't a ton of teams shopping #1 goalies.

even a 3rd for Raanta would have been better....

or they just start signing guys from europe. Most of them Need 1 year but they could end up being good if given a fair chance

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They've yet to get a trade deadline piece from Columbus that somehow turns everything around for them this season, so hard to judge the Kings right now.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
USATSI_7072216-e1421122131315-1440x688.jpg

ELITE CENTERS 101

Very cool article by Logan Couture walking through the nuances of how centers play in the NHL. He uses examples from specific players, complete with gifs, to explain what they do well and makes them so effective.

I thought it was a pretty good read.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Dude cannot stay healthy. We don't play nashville anymore though do we?

All done with the Preds this year. I'm expecting a decent step back in their record now that he's out. I think Rinne has every single one of Nashville's wins this season. Their backups have either lost or won in shootouts.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hopefully we can gain some ground during Rinne's injury. And to answer CD50's question, we are done playing them for the regular season.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
All done with the Preds this year. I'm expecting a decent step back in their record now that he's out. I think Rinne has every single one of Nashville's wins this season. Their backups have either lost or won in shootouts.

Eh, it's hard to fall that much in a month. I'm sure that they'll lose their top slot in the division because of this, but doubt that they plummet out of a playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad