Around the NHL (Part XVI) - Goodbye, CapGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I'm sure that's how the story really ended.

Actually, the story ended with my date calling my ex a bunch of four letter words.

Does anyone know of any good NHL radio shows that I can listen to on my phone?

TSN App, definitely. Big fan of the Toronto station, especially their Leafs Lunch weekdays at 11 our time. Winnipeg's a good station, too. Montreal's a bit hit or miss, and haven't really given their Edmonton or Ottawa stations much listening. Vancouver's great for the meltdown moments, but those haven't happened in a while.

From what I've listened to, while they each obviously have hometown focuses and biases, they do tend to do a good job covering matters across the league.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I was listening to NHL Network Radio this morning while driving some cars around and that got me thinking. Would be nice to have something to listen to like that on my phone when I'm free.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ducks and Jets both wore interesting warmups tonight in honor of Teemu's # being retired:

B7HX-Q-CYAEt9Y2.jpg

Ducks wore all the different jerseys he wore over the course of his NHL career, Jets wore the original Jets sweaters.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm sure that they'll introduce retro throwbacks for their upcoming Heritage Classic game and then use it as a third that are along the lines of their original franchise's look.

Or, at least they should....

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh, their jerseys are fine.... except for the logo, which to this day I still think was just a placeholder that got rushed out there.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Old Jets sweaters are great, but if they went back to that permanently you're just rehashing the past and Jets original franchise history especially playoffs is beyond mediocre course they played the entire 80s and beginning of 90s going up against Oilers Flames powerhouse teams.

Fresh start, wonder if Hawks will see them in the playoffs. Really don't want to face an angry Buff.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Perhaps more importantly for them, Hedman and Johnson left and didn't return with lower body injuries. Maybe they didn't return because it was a blow out though.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Old Jets sweaters are great, but if they went back to that permanently you're just rehashing the past and Jets original franchise history especially playoffs is beyond mediocre course they played the entire 80s and beginning of 90s going up against Oilers Flames powerhouse teams.

Fresh start, wonder if Hawks will see them in the playoffs. Really don't want to face an angry Buff.

Last night made me want to see a Ducks-Jets opening round series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad