Around the NHL (Part XVI) - Goodbye, CapGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

In other news, the All Star game jerseys are absolutely hideous. I seriously don't know how they could have made them worse.

B68mzbdCUAAcOOT.jpg

Looks like a motocross jersey. Total trash.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dale traded C Drew Shore to Calgary for C Corban Knight

Knight was drafted by Panthers in 09 and refused to sign so they traded his rights to Calgary for a 4th round pick in 2013

WTH Dale :biglaugh:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, and along with a few others, and usually ex-Hawks. It's rather sickening.

The only reason I point out the Pirri and Stalberg thing is because some of you thought Q should give them a better role because they are better players than what Q is giving them credit for, yet they aren't.

They were both borderline NHL talent, who deserved to be on the 4th line/healthy scratches/traded/not re-signed.

Those 2 are really the only ex-Hawks I rag on. I typically like the rest of them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Panther fans not happy with this trade and are just as confused as everyone else

And yeah I like Shore as a potential 3rd line C in NHL and don't think much of Knight

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The only reason I point out the Pirri and Stalberg thing is because some of you thought Q should give them a better role because they are better players than what Q is giving them credit for, yet they aren't.

They were both borderline NHL talent, who deserved to be on the 4th line/healthy scratches/traded/not re-signed.

Those 2 are really the only ex-Hawks I rag on. I typically like the rest of them.

Kayes got a ton of flack

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Very irritating night on the scoreboards, don't even want to think about hockey now until the foul taste has washed away.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That whole trade kind of reminds me of a very odd scenario where an ex- and I had a bad breakup, a few months later while we're both dating someone else, she suggested a double date, and it somehow happened, and then during that said double date she kept trying to very "subtly" set up her date with my date and then hitting on me.

It was a very odd night, and that's a very odd trade. He's/I'm just not that in to you, Dale/[name redacted].

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
...you really went through with that proposition?

Eh, small liberal arts college in a podunk town. Not many watering spots, really, so it just sort of did somehow.

Also, I drank way more back then than I do now, so not the wisest of kids.

My date and I very quickly excused ourselves at the earliest convenient time, though.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
That whole trade kind of reminds me of a very odd scenario where an ex- and I had a bad breakup, a few months later while we're both dating someone else, she suggested a double date, and it somehow happened, and then during that said double date she kept trying to very "subtly" set up her date with my date and then hitting on me.

It was a very odd night, and that's a very odd trade. He's/I'm just not that in to you, Dale/[name redacted].

It's not her/Dale's fault that you/Corban Knight is so irresistible. :dainty:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
In other news, the All Star game jerseys are absolutely hideous. I seriously don't know how they could have made them worse.

B68mzbdCUAAcOOT.jpg

Well they could have incorporated some camo or pink fur around the bottom of the jersey. That would be worse. But that's pretty much the only way.

I just want to know if the black and white stripes from the armpit to the inside of the elbow signifies the all-star game won't have refs and they'll call their own penalties by raising their arm and showing the stripes side of the jersey.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Eh, small liberal arts college in a podunk town. Not many watering spots, really, so it just sort of did somehow.

Also, I drank way more back then than I do now, so not the wisest of kids.

My date and I very quickly excused ourselves at the earliest convenient time, though.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how the story really ended.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
With the ASG jerseys, I feel like since the NHL is the only deal Reebok has it's their only way to make a statement and try to keep up with Nike and UA.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
That thing is awful. Has ref stripes on inside of sleeve too? Whoever designed that should be shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad