Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think either Philly or Washington will be a PIA. I don't think there will be an easy round in the playoffs.
I agree. Both are pretty well coached. Both teams have some young players who have been playing well. Only difference I've noticed is that Washington has pretty consistent goaltending with Lindgren. He may be one of the most underrated players in hockey right now.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
They still aren't going to make up 8 points in the last 10 games on Toronto. With 10 games left the Rangers first round opponent could be any one of Philly, Washington, Tampa, Toronto or Detroit.

They play one another tomorrow. And Toronto still has 2 games against the Panters and Lightning.

Not insinuating the Capitals are definitely usurping the Leafs, but also not guaranteeing the Leafs are a lock at #3 in the divison or #1 as a wild card.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They play one another tomorrow. And Toronto still has 2 games against the Panters and Lightning.

Not insinuating the Capitals are definitely usurping the Leafs, but also not guaranteeing the Leafs are a lock at #3 in the divison or #1 as a wild card.
It's just highly unlikely that teams can make up 8 points in 10 or so games when everybody plays everybody and with the 3 point games. Washington's schedule is really tough also and I doubt Toronto is going to collapse. They have talent.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
It's just highly unlikely that teams can make up 8 points in 10 or so games when everybody plays everybody and with the 3 point games. Washington's schedule is really tough also and I doubt Toronto is going to collapse. They have talent.

If Toronto wins tomorrow, it's almost a moot point. If Washington wins...not so fast.

Leafs are only playing .500 hockey for the month of March.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I kind of like the idea of winning all the time and as much as possible. The 93-94 Rangers did that. Also it's been more of a challenge lately with two of what were our top 4 defensemen out. To some degree that's good (since for one thing they're expected back)....it gets our spares more ice time and situational play and we've gotten an idea of what Scanlin might bring and if anything gets him more ready in case of emergency. To continue to find ways to win is a good test and result in resilience.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I saw the highlight pack of the game between Ottawa and the Sabres. The vibes in Buffalo are RANCID. The attendance is poor and a lot of people there are fans of the opposition. Lots of booing; lots of sighing. Buffalo is a good sports town, but they deserve better than whatever slop this team is serving them.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
NHL schedule

Two games last night
Fourteen games tonight
One game tomorrow night

Sweet 16 starts tonight. MLB starts today.

Can the NHL do a better job with their schedule?

f2ea6378-1876-4d73-9fc0-6e057f284258_text.gif

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I saw the highlight pack of the game between Ottawa and the Sabres. The vibes in Buffalo are RANCID. The attendance is poor and a lot of people there are fans of the opposition. Lots of booing; lots of sighing. Buffalo is a good sports town, but they deserve better than whatever slop this team is serving them.

It should not be possible to miss the postseason 13 years in a row in a sport that has sent more than half of the league to the playoffs until very recently.

Yet the Sabres find a way 💪🏻💪🏻

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
And the every year their fans find a way to say “oh see they’re on a hot streak if they just weren’t unlucky at the start of the year they’d be a playoff team!” And then they go on another losing streak

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
NHL schedule

Two games last night
Fourteen games tonight
One game tomorrow night

Sweet 16 starts tonight. MLB starts today.

Can the NHL do a better job with their schedule?
Boooooo... baseball sucks.

It should not be possible to miss the postseason 13 years in a row in a sport that has sent more than half of the league to the playoffs until very recently.

Yet the Sabres find a way 💪🏻💪🏻
They haven't been good since the "Scary good" days.

Reactions: ArPanet and bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
And the every year their fans find a way to say “oh see they’re on a hot streak if they just weren’t unlucky at the start of the year they’d be a playoff team!” And then they go on another losing streak
Reminds me of kind of opposite to when the league (and the Rangers fans specifically) were expecting Devils to not be good back in early 2000 or very recently - the expected demise of Bruins. There are exceptions but the winning culture is something that does exist - and it is difficult to acquire and almost just as difficult to lose.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Isles 1-0 lead called back then 30 seconds later Cats score. Now all we're missing is the cats exposing Horvat's receding hairline.

Torts would be perfect for Buffalo

Nothing would be left of the city if Torts took over. Their owners are not honest enough with themselves and with the fans to embrace and empower Torts.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Good for the Islanders to give this south korean AHL scrub a chance to play in the league with 10 games left and out of the playoffs. This An Dae Lee might have himself a career in front of the net.

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad